Chapter 2: Suspicions

Tammy P.O.V. (Note most of the story will be Tammy's P.O.V.)

"We are things called Wolfbloods. We transform at full moon or when we feel angry or threatened. Most Wolfbloods transform for the first time at age 13 or 14. Anybody younger than 13 is considered a cub. I'm a Wolfblood. This is Maddy, Natalie, and Mr. Smith, Maddy's dad. Tom and Shannon aren't Wolfbloods, but they know about us. We think you might be a Wolfblood." said Rhydian.

"Natalie is from the wild Wolfblood pack Maddy and her parents went to to seek refuge after a woman named Dr. Whitewood discovered their secret and threatened to expose them if they didn't let her experiment on them and "learn more about them", but of course the Smiths said no. I met Natalie when I went to her pack last year with my mum. My mum had lost me when I was little and I was living with foster parents. She found me and encouraged me to come with her to her pack. I met Jana, I got kicked out of the pack and so much more, but it's a long story. Anyway, the last I knew, Natalie was completely wild- and didn't talk, but I see she's changed a lot."

"The pack is run by Jana. Her father was Alpha but got kicked out of the position and Jana was next in line to be Alpha. One thing I don't know is why Maddy and her parents have returned- and why Natalie came with them." "We've returned because we learned Whitewood died in a fire that destroyed her lab. All the evidence about us was destroyed. Natalie came with us because Maddy developed a special bond with her and tamed her. She managed to encourage us to let Natalie come live with us here, so we're going to adopt her and make her part of our family and pack," said Mr. Smith.

"And you think I'm one of you?" I asked.

"Yes," said Rhydian.

"I know she is! I tasted her blood," said Maddy.

"Wait, why did you attack me? And Natalie, too?" I asked.

"There's no time for that. We need to get your wound cleaned up, and quickly." said Mr. Smith.

"Where's Mrs. Smith?" asked Rhydian.

"At the house, getting the place cleaned. After all, we've been gone 2 months." replied Mr. Smith.

"But my mother- she'll want to know where I am," I said.

"That can wait; cleaning up your wounds can't, or else you'll get an infection- or two." said Natalie. "And, before you get mad at me, I was trying to STOP Maddy from hurting you, but she's a tough one. I TRIED to pry her off, bit I scratched you instead."

"It's OK, Natalie," I said softly.

Mr. Smith carefully lifted me up. Rhydian pulled off his jacket and wrapped it around my cut chest. Maddy reluctantly took hers off and wrapped it around my leg. Natalie wrapped hers around my other leg. Shannon leaned over and picked up my glasses. They were broken. She put them in her pocket. Tom carried my backpack.

Off we went to Maddy's house, with me moaning in pain. We cut through the woods and soon we were in the Smith's backyard. Rhydian had run ahead and burst in through the back door.

"Mrs. Smith, my friend, she's really hurt! I'll explain later," said Rhydian. "get bandages, towels, and hot water- quickly!"

Mrs. Smith obeyed.

We got to the house. Mr. Smith lay me down on the couch and peeled away the jackets to find them soaked with blood.

"You guys had better leave- this is going to be some nasty work," said Mrs. Smith. They obeyed and left the room.

First, Mrs. Smith soaked some towels in hot water and dabbed at my wounds while I howled in pain. Then, Mrs. Smith showed me how to apply and change the bandages.

"You must change them twice a day," she said. She bandaged all the wounds and was soon done. "There," she said.

I had a bandage on my left arm, right leg, right foot, and two on my chest from two small wounds. I also had several scratches that I knew would one day be scars. Mrs. Smith handed me some old clothes of Maddy's and smiled.

"Get changed and then I'll call everyone in. I think there's some explaining that needs to be done."

I changed and everyone came in.

"Now, tell me who you are and what happened," said Mrs. Smith.

"My name is Tammy. Rhydian found me at school crying and we became friends. I was running home with Tom and Shannon and Rhydian when I was attacked by a small brown beast. The brown beast kept biting and scratching me. Another beast with brown fur came and tried to pry the beast off but she scratched me. Rhydian transformed into a beast too and he tried to stop the beasts, but a beast bigger than the three came and threw Rhydian away from me and the other beasts. Then they transformed into humans," I said.

"Maddy, why did you attack Tammy?" asked Mrs. Smith.

"Because, she was trespassing on our territory!" cried Maddy.

"But she didn't know she was a Wolfblood! She wasn't intending to trespass at all!" cried Rhydian. "That's how it was with me, but did you attack me? No!" Maddy lowered her eyes. She almost looked ashamed.

"I can't blame Maddy for attacking me," I said. "I s'pose I would've done the same thing."

"Really?" asked Maddy.

"Yes, I forgive you." I sat up on the couch and leaned against Natalie who was sitting next to me. "Thanks for trying to get Maddy off of me," I whispered.

"But I didn't," said Natalie.

"But you tried, and I'm greatful for that," I replied. I hugged Natalie.

"Well then, you're welcome," she said.

"We should get you home. You're mother will be worried, but you do realize we need to tell her what happened?" asked Mr. Smith.

"Yes, but I'm afraid of confronting her about not telling me about being a Wolfblood," I admitted, "I hate accusing my mom of things."

Mrs. Smith hugged me. "Don't worry pet, we'll do the talking," she promised.

*********************************************************

As my mother was told about what had happened, she grew pale. She looked like she was about to throw up.

"I hoped you would never find out," she sighed, "but your father was a wild Wolfblood. We met and he married me. I'm human. His pack was furious. They tracked him down and killed him. You were two years old Tammy."

"How could you lie to me all this time!" I cried.

"I couldn't bring myself to talk about it, Tammy," said my mother, who was now crying, "it's too painful. At a young age you kept asking where your daddy was, and I had to say something, so I said your daddy was killed in a car accident. I hoped you'd never find out the truth."

Seeing my mother cry made me cry too.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you, Mommy," I sniffed. I never called my mother mommy- well, not too often.

"Mrs. Kamp, we can help Tammy. We can take care of her on full moons and make her part of our pack just as long as you say yes," said Mrs. Smith.

"Yes, please let us," begged Natalie.

"I will- but take good care of Tammy." said my mother. For the first time that day, she smiled, and I smiled too. Everything was going to be OK after all.

*********************************************************

End of chapter. Hope you enjoyed! Sorry it's kinda shorter, there wasn't much I could fit into this part.