Chapter six

Opportunities. Opportunities come and go. Luck. I don't know which one is which . Is is good luck that the King is having a ball to find a new Queen or is it an opportunity. Doesn't matter. Because, he is going to choose me.
Any unmarried man would choose me over any woman in the kingdom. Why? Because, I am the most beautiful maiden in the whole land . My beauty outshines the stars and moons. My smile alone could brighten up a black sky .Why wouldn't he choose me.
I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My charcoal ,hair is done up in a bun on the top of my head . My skin Carmel colored and covered in small red jewels I took from the (former )queen before I killed her. My honey colored eyes are glowing ,almost shining with radiance .My luscious lips are blood ,red. My ballgown was my favorite part of the ensemble .My already tiny waist didn't need a corset and I made sure my bodice was so low I would have no trouble attracting the king.It's flared skirt was red and black with matching arm length gloves.
I could have any man I wanted but, what I desired most was power. Then I will have fulfilled my mothers wishes of becoming Queen. All I needed to do was seduce a king. How hard could that be?
*******
The last time I had been to the castle, I'd killed Queen Cybele . Now today I was going to take her place. The darkness slowly eroded the sky by the time I made it to the castle. By now the whole city had probably arrived. The castle looked just like it always looked : royal.
It's white walls and towers glistening,its two doors were open and a inviting yellow glow seeping out of them. Two guards dressed in white were stationed in front of the doors. I elegantly walked up to them . I looked straightforward and pretended I didn't see them ,looking me up and down .
When I caught them staring they responded by adverting their gazes.
I loved to see men fawn over me , I could do this all day . " Pardon me,gentlemen.",I said in a flirtatious manner. They turned as red as my dress , as I pushed past them. I've been inside of the castle before but , it had been to dark to really describe it . Everything in Wonderland was entirely bonkers. This place is far from normal. Everything is upside down and cater wonky.
This kingdom was an example of it. Instead of being on the ground floor I was at the second floor and the door that I had came of had vanished . I was in the middle of two stairwells that led to the ballroom. In front of me was a huge crystal chandelier ,with long shiny branches.
The ballroom was filled with different women dressed in colorful,ballgowns . Violinist played their classical music quietly as others in the room chatted. Without hesitation, I walked down the stairwell on the right. Everyone stared in astonishment, at as I stood at the bottom of the steps. A surge of anger suddenly went through my body as I realized that this triggered the memory of when Queen Cybele came into town that day.
              I heard whispers coming from the crowd. They slowly began to go back to what they were doing before. I was quickly forgotten. I made my way to the corner of the ballroom. This was a little bit more difficult than I expected. I didn't even plan this out or think this through. What if the King doesn't show up because he's still heartbroken over his deceased why. What if he can't see me?What if he doesn't notice me?
          No, he will notice me . He'd be a fool not to. What if one of these little tarts find him first. I started to panic a little on the inside but, not enough for it to show on the outside. A man with shoulder-length black hair walked towards me. He flashed me a smile that melted my heart.
          " What is a beautiful girl like yourself standing in the corner by herself?"said the stranger in a flirtatious manner. His mesmerizing blue eyes stared into mines. His pale body inches away from mine. My heart sped up as he grabbed my gloved hand and kissed it gently. I tried my best not to swoon as he kissed lightly up my arm.
            I still haven't  answer is question. " Waiting for someone to dance with me."I said wittily . I tried my hardest not to be intimidated by him . " Would that someone be the king ? " said the stranger . " Yes actually.Why ? Is he here ? "I queried as I looked around the tall stranger.
              " He's right in front of you ."said the King. It was at that moment that I noticed that he was wearing the Royal crest on the front of his shirt . His blue sash started from his shoulder to his hip.
      I bowed unknowingly to his majesty. Did I make a bad first impression for him? He probably thinks I'm a lawbreaker. Does he think I'm bonkers for not recognizing him. I stuck my head up slightly to sneak a glance at him. I saw him looking down on me with a goofy smile on his face. He almost looked as if he would laugh.
           " I hate it when people bow to me. You may get up." said the king. I got up from the ground and stared into his eyes once again. He held a hand out for me and asked " Would you like to dance?" . When I shook my head" yes" and his smile deepened. He led me out into the center of the ballroom floor.
          Heads turned as we began to dance . Envious and hateful were tossed my way by women but, I didn't care . "My condolences your majesty. I heard that your wife passed away recently. I should also apologize for not being present at your daughters celebration ball."I babbled. The King looked away and looked back at me with a sad smile on his face."I miss her . I don't even know why I'm having this ball."said the King.
         I tried to make my most adorable smile and said ," Where is the princess ? Is she with her royal nursemaids or is she with a nanny? Or was she hurt by that awful assassin who killed the Queen?".The King spun me around and sighed deeply." We don't know where the princess is. The attacker must've taken her somewhere. There was blood everywhere we couldn't tell who's was who's . " ,said the King his voice filling with distraught .
         " I don't know if it's a rumor or not but, I heard that you've once courted my mother."I asked. He smiled and looked me up and down. " Are you Lady Cerise's daughter . I knew I recognized your unique beauty from somewhere." He stared at me his eyes as big as saucers "Yes. It is true indeed that I had courted your mother when , I had just become King. I wanted her to be my wife because of her jewel -like beauty. I was a fool to think that she would marry me. I was about 18 when I'd asked her . She had just delivered a baby with her husband. I don't know what possessed me to court a married woman. How is she these days? "He asked.
              " My mother and father died from,disease when I was 13. I lived with nursemaids ever since ." I said sadly . The Kings eyes filled with pity ,as he gently caressed my cheek. A shiver went up my spine from his touch. "I can't help but feel as if we have a connection. I think that I'm falling in love with you . " he said while his eyes twinkled. Oh ,please this guy was only falling in love with my looks but, I have to admit he is quite enthralling .
         Maybe, I could keep around the castle and make him think he's in charge . Or should I just kill him and not have to worry about him trying to come into power . Or should I throw him in the dungeon .
           All the while I was contemplating what to do with the King, he was bending down on one knee and pulling out a small white box with the Wonderland crest on top of it. " What is your name ?" ,he asked. How could this man love me if he didn't even know my name? " Rosalina Martinez"I replied politely.
           " Rosalina Martinez . I vow to my love from this day on. I vow to that you will eat the finest foods and that you will wear the finest silks and fabrics. I vow to you that you will spend the rest of your days happy and blissful . I can promise you this and much more if you say you'll be my bride. " said the King.
       People around us stopped dancing and stared at us with curious eyes. The music had stopped once again and all eyes were on us . Were they waiting for me to answer him?My breathing sped up and my heart started pounding harder . " Yes . I will be your bride. " I said excitedly. He smiled another room brightening smile and got off the ground.
            Enthusiastic cheers and shouts rang through the crowd. But, I tuned them out and just thought about what I'd just done. Would my mother be proud of me ? Would she be proud of the decisions I made? Would she still love me even though I crushed her heart? Doesn't matter anymore . What matters know is that I'm Queen . I'm finally Queen and nothing and no one could ever take that away from me.

            Ever since we've got engaged last week ,the guards have been packing up my belongs and taking them to the castle. The wedding ceremony is supposed to take place tomorrow . An he's flirting with the maid..Tomorrow I will be Queen . Tomorrow is the start of me. Tomorrow is when I plan the Kings death.
         I've made my decision. Besides he would only get in my way . There is only room for one person in charge and that's me .