Chapter 2: New Place, New People (Third Person)

"Each day holds a surprise. But only if we expect it can we see, hear, or feel it when it comes to us. Let's not be afraid to receive each day's surprise, whether it comes to us as sorrow or as joy It will open a new place in our hearts, a place where we can welcome new friends and celebrate more fully our shared humanity." 

-Henri Nouwen

****

~

Once all the Luna's were inside, they all went straight to cleaning their 'humble abode' and making sure everything was in place. After a few hours of hard, continuous work everything was in order and Mr. Luna had left to find a job to sustain everyone for the time being. Since both Avia and Emilia were done with work they had decided to walk around in this village with the "magical creatures", both going separate ways unknowing of what lied ahead of them; for this day would be one they would never forget.

~

Avia decided to go explore, always having a daring side to her already flamboyant personality, which was never shown much, due to being in a small town before and having most of her time occupied in chores and helping her family. She found herself to be slightly excited by the endless possibilities of what awaited her,but at the same time saddened by being in a new place. Although, she knew she would have to deal with it for her parents. This was something Emilia didn't and possibly would never understand.

 While walking around the large village, she found herself distracted by the stunning sights and caught her foot in a root that was poking up out of the ground. She raised her arms to protect her face but instead found two large, sturdy hands holding her from the impending ground.

"Are you okay?" a worried voice spoke as the man helped her up. As she steadied herself, she finally noticed his features. He had dark blackish-brown hair and a chiseled face, but also had dark, and somewhat inviting brown eyes that struck her to her core. She finally noticed that he was still holding her up and quickly pushed herself off of him. "Humph, I'm fine and where did you even come from?" she asked stubbornly, though she truly wasn't, she despised the fact that she hadn't saved herself, which she would argue she could have done. He looked at her again but this time with a knowing expression, "Strangely, I don't believe you." It was true, she felt the pain from her foot shoot up her leg and tried to keep a straight expression as if not to give the man another reason to perceive her as helpless, "No really, I'm fine and you didn't answer my question."

This time the man didn't even bother to listen to her or answer her question, he bent down on his knees and took Avia's foot in his hands, taking her shoe off, and started massaging them. "I, I said I'm fine" Avia repeated trying to move her feet, but he ignored her, held her leg still and continued. After a few minutes he got up and looked her in the eyes with a smirk present on his face. "Well, since we had such a grand meeting, it would only be fair if you give me your name." Avia smiled, "You first" she stated with a stubborn look in her eyes, "Alright, I'll tell you first, since I'm a gentleman, I'm Elijah, Elijah Mikaelson" She smiled once more, "It's good to meet you Elijah, Elijah Mikaelson, and maybe I'll see you again sometime soon" She hinted to him and started walking away.

"Wait, you never told me your name" the man shouted after her. She turned around walking backwards with a smirk, before yelling back, "I know" and then turned and continued on her way around the village with an aura of confidence.

~

Unlike Avia, Emilia wasn't bold or brave, in actuality she hated going outside and interacting with others, but she did like to clear her head to think at times when she needed to be away from her overwhelming family. While walking around, she noticed two people in the distance fighting.

"You are such an idiot, Rebekah, now I have to go and fix your mistakes again, just go home, you can never do anything right" The boy yelled his arms up in an exaggerated posture. "Kol, I am so sorry, but you do not have to yell at me" The girl, who she supposed was Rebekah, yelled back in tears. "Just be happy that I don't tell father about this incident, now leave before you do something else that causes another catastrophe."

Emilia couldn't believe that tone that this "Kol" guy had taken with his own sister, astonished because her relationship with her brother was completely different. With her mind set, Emilia flaunted over to them and looked this Kol, or how she would now call him "ass," in her eyes.

"How dare you talk to your sister in that fashion," and before she could stop herself she had slapped Kol with such a force that the sound had caused silence all around and left a nasty red mark on his face.

When she had realized what she had done, she quickly grabbed the girl's arm and looped it around her own, and left the way she had come, a small jump in her step. Emilia had never done anything like that, and couldn't believe what had gotten into herself. Although, it was far too late to apologize, not that she wanted to with a man who acts like such a rude, arrogant being. Once she and Rebekah had gone far enough so that the man was unable to be seen, she stopped and looked at Rebekah. Finally noticing her beauty; she had long golden flowing hair and tear streaked blue eyes from her earlier confrontation with her brother.

"Are you okay" Emilia asked immediately out of worry.

"Yes... Thank you for standing up to my brother there, nobody, except my other brothers, have done that for me" Rebekah answered with an appreciative tone, whipping her eyes as she looked back towards Emilia with a small smile.

"Of course, he was acting uncouth and nobody should be treated like that. Oh, I just realized, my name is Emilia" she giggled realizing that she had never introduced herself.

"Oh, I'm Rebekah Mikaelson, and it's nice to meet you" Rebekah answered laughing with delight.

It was a strange discovery; one day in this town, one that she had never wanted to come to in the first place, and she was already changing. Perhaps there was magic in the air, or maybe she was finally coming out of her shell, all she knew was that something was different. 

Author's Note (A/N):

Hey Guys,

We hoped you enjoyed this chapter. We (me and my partner in crime) will usually update once or twice a week. 

 Please comment/vote if you enjoyed the chapter and tell us what you guys think about this book. We love to hear feedback from the audience!

Thank you!