Chapter 6: Festivities Can Be A Handful (Emilia's POV)

"Take Risks: If you win, you will be happy; If you lose, you will be wise."

-Unknown

****

~

Living in Mystic Falls for the past few weeks has taught me four things:

One:

 Kol Mikaelson, the smug 'asshole' as I deemed to call him, would never let the "incident" go. Yes, I'm talking about the incident where I walked in to his bedroom while he was naked. Okay, I'll admit, it was partially my fault but come on... he didn't have to be a complete bastard about it. The only thing I have to be grateful for is that it wasn't as bad as the Red-Paint-Incident; but, that's a story for another time.

Two:

 Rebekah Mikaelson is an angel sent from above. Everything that Kol evidently lacks, Bekah makes up for. She is honestly the only thing genuinely decent about moving to Mystic Falls. Rebekah is the sweetest human being in the history of people I have ever known, second on the list would be my beaming sister... and let's just say another Mikaelson would be dead last on this list; do I even have to say which one?

Three:

The people of Mystic Falls actually believed in 'mythical creatures' called werewolves. I know; senseless, irrational idiots. They are all avid believers in the protection of the town: in the form of caves in which we are supposed to stay in overnight during a full moon. I presume I'll just have to wait until the full moon and see if this tale is true or not.

Four:

 The town of Mystic Falls is known for their festivities: festivals, carnivals, parties, and overall just strange town traditions. Apparently there is a day where the females were mandated to make a basket, fill it with food, and let men bid on them for lunch as if women were pieces of meat.

What the actual hell.

Well, I guess I can't complain too much, there is a carnival in town during the week that Rebekah had convinced my sister and I to attend, and it was presently the talk of the town for being the best event for the year thus far. Perhaps it'll even help me forget my unfortunate life for a few moments of peace.

~

We reached town on the sunny afternoon and were pleasantly surprised at how extravagant the carnival was. Truthfully I believed it would be a small event with a few items to entertain us perhaps more if I was lucky, but it was all that and so much more.

I found Bekah wave to us and smiled as I made my way to her, taking in my surroundings as I walked. There were several small games scattered around the venue and a walkway around a radiant lake where numerous couples were gathered. A silent sense of longing ignited deep within me although I shook it off as I looked away from the couples and back at the festivities in front of me.

In one word the place was magnificent.

My sister and I soon reached Bekah who smiled and threw her arms over us hugging us tightly, "I'm glad you could make it, I was getting so bored being the only girl with all my brothers who had of course brought some girl with them," she stated walking us to the walkway I was so hoping to avoid before continuing the conversation.

"Finn with Sage, Elijah and Klaus fawning over Tatia, even Kol brought a girl" she stated specifically looking at me with a hint of sadness. "Oh really" Avia asked snickering while turned towards me, trying to get even a fledgling of a reaction to the news. Nice try Avia, but I learned my skills from you, enough so that I knew how to hide my true emotions... not that I needed to, it's not like I truly cared about him...