Chapter 5: Mikaelson Dinner (Avia's POV)

"I am thankful for all those difficult people in my life; they have shown me exactly who I do not want to be."

-Unknown

****

~

We had reached the Mikaelson's estate once again and the extravagance continued to amaze me, although I did well not to show it. It seemed as if everything had turned out to be the opposite to our initial thought, and instead of Mystic Falls being horrid, it was actually pretty great once we got used to the town.

"Welcome again," Rebekah greeted us as we reached her door. Em and I walked into the living room and from the corner of my eyes I saw Tatia, or whom I guessed was Tatia from the description Rebekah had provided the day before, kissing one of Rebekah's brothers; Klaus I presumed.

So that is the girl who is playing with two brothers, I thought as I quickly nudged Emilia to show her the situation. "Is she Klaus's or Elijah's" Emilia whispered, causing my heart to drop at his name. "I have no idea. Let's just walk to the other side of the living room so we don't have to witness this unfortunate situation" I said. Honestly, it was just plain rude to have this display in front of others. Emilia uncomfortably nodded, ready to get out of this situation, and we backed away awkwardly.

"Dinner's ready" Rebekah yelled and we both practically ran into the kitchen area trying to avoid the display of 'affection' in the other room. Once inside, I saw that the table was beautifully arranged. Soon enough, everyone began eating and I found that food was deliciously prepared. I could say that it was one of the best meals I had ever eaten. Although the conversation was quite dull; the whole time Tatia was claiming attention, taking a chance to talk about a dress she had recently bought. The only sense of entertainment was the way that Kol was watching my sister, causing her to shift uncomfortably. Rebekah and I were quite enjoying the state my sister was in; after all it was more interesting then Tatia who had now moved on to the topic of jewelry.

After dinner was over, my sister and I helped to clean the table and wash the dishes. When we finished Rebekah led us to their main room and formally introduced us to her family.

"Mother, I never introduced you to my new friends" Rebekah said as she walked up to a beautiful woman with golden hair the same color as Rebekah's. "This is Avia and Emilia Luna" She looked at us and smiled and I saw that she had blue green eyes and looked a lot like Bekah's, "I have heard so much about you two from my children, It's nice to finally meet you, you can call me Esther" She said gleefully, but all I could think was that she said children and not just Rebekah, does that mean that Elijah had said something, I looked towards him and caught him staring at me although he quickly looked away.

"Make yourself at home girls" She said and then walked back towards the kitchen. Rebekah begin walking again, "Here let me introduce you to my brothers, although now that I think about it, Em probably knows one of my brothers better than me" Rebekah and I chuckled while Emilia hit both of us on the head, "Stop, you guys know it was an accident" She whined.

"Uh huh and we totally believe you, don't we Bekah" Rebekah started laughing again and brought us over to a tall guy with dirty blonde hair. "Finn, these are my friends Em and Avia, Guys this is Finn, my oldest brother" He smiled at us and bowed, "It is nice to meet you both, but if you'll excuse me I need to find Sage" He said hurrying off to a red haired girl who's eyes brightened when she caught sight of him. "Yeah don't expect you guys will see him much, he is always with the girl he is courting, Sage, although father doesn't like her."