Chapter 3: An Interesting Encounter (Avia's POV)

"Stay strong, Stand up, Have a voice."

 -Shawn Johnson

****

~

As light glistened through the windows, lightly hitting my face, I jumped up, recalling what had happened last night with that man, Elijah. While I was reminiscing, I heard some noises coming from outside and out of genuine curiosity, tiptoed to the window quietly so I wouldn't wake my sister. I opened the curtain and my eyes widened, I blinked a few times to make sure my eyes didn't betray me and realized he was still there.

Elijah was outside with another man cutting up wood. I continued to watch in silence, watching how his muscles contracted with every hit. I admit, the man was possibly the one of the most handsome men I had ever seen. The way his eyes..  "What are you doing?"

 The voice brought me out of my train of thought as I swirled around quickly, closing the curtain as I found my sister staring back at me with arms crossed across her chest.  I loathed that look. That look that was planted on her face as if she knew every secret that I held. "Nothing" I answered continuing to protect the window instinctively. Disbelief flowed onto Emilia's face as she pushed me aside against my will and looked outside the the glass as if it were the window to my soul. 

"Sister, I see you know the Mikaelsons." She stated as I gave her surprised look and wondered how in the world did she knew them. "And how in the world do you know who they are?" I asked insinuating that there was more to it then Em just simply 'knowing' them.  

"Why do you think I've never met them?" she asked flustered.

"It's that boy, isn't it?" I asked causing her to blush before she responded with attitude, "He's that idiot I told you about last night...you know what, let's just go get ready" she exclaimed quickly moving towards the dresser.I soon followed and I quickly set my clothes out for the day and combed my hair. As I was working on my sister's hair, I begin to hear strange voices in the other room. "Emilia, do you hear that?" We both became quiet and listened to the conversations pondering who would be up at this hour.

"Thank you for inviting us into your home, Sir" someone responded politely "I should be thanking you two for the help. If it weren't for the two of you I would be completely lost in those woods." A laugh erupted from the other room before the man, clearly our father from the loud booming voice, continued "You know, you two should meet my daughters, they probably don't have many friends here since we just arrived a few days ago. It would be nice of them to meet you two and perhapsyou could show them around town?".

My sister and I looked at each other exasperated that our father would even think of asking them that. "What kind of father does that?!" My sister asked in a frustrated tone, I quickly put my hand over her mouth to listen to the answer and in hopes that these mysterious guests  hand't heard the girl screaming.

"Of course, it's no problem, but they are about the same age as us right?" another voice asked. "Of course, here let me introduce you to them" our father replied happily.

"Avia...Emilia can you come out here?" our father shouted. "Honestly, why would he do that. I'm not even ready" I exclaimed. "This is so idiotic; why would I want to meet these people?" My sister remarked loudly. "And why would father want to us meet with people we don't even know, they could be criminals, murderers, or just plain psychotic" I stated.

"One second, let me go get them" We heard footsteps near our door and then a knock. "Girls, are you in there, come out please, I want to introduce you to someone" I sighed before replying "One minute father," biting my lip in annoyance.