Home

"How long have I been gone?" I ask stepping out of the Tardis, now parked in a different alley.

"About six hours." The Doctor is leaning against the Tardis, he's wearing his brown trench coat, his hair is messy and spiked up.

I walk to the street at the end of the alley. I'm wearing skinny jeans and a tshirt, and the morning sun feels nice on my bare skin. I then look ahead, stunned.

"Doctor, that's my home. That's my flat," he walks up to me in the street, which isn't busy yet, "I've never told you were it is, how'd you know where it was?"

"Like I said before, I needed to know you, so I used the information on the Tardis to find out some things about you." He looks into my eyes, I into his.

"And one of those things of information just happened to be my address?" I stare back to the place I call home. It's tiny, and I barely can afford it, not because of my job, but because of all the expenses it's cost me. Living on my own since I was sixteeN has been hard, I only found this place a year ago, and in order to make it livable, I had to renovate it, with permission from the owner.

I remember first walking into it, the wallpaper was pealing, and the ceiling was chipping paint. Some areas on the floor had no flooring, just concrete. A couple doors were broken, and the bathroom mirror was cracked. I didn't care though, the owner was willing to let me live there, despite my age. He had told me that if I wanted to fix anything, I had to fix it myself. He said the reasoning was that he was fixing up two other places all ready, and it would be at least three months until he could fix this one. So I renovated it myself.

I took down all the wallpaper, and painted the rooms light colors. I repainted the ceilings white. I replaced the flooring in most rooms with carpet, and in the kitchen and bathroom, I put in laminate wood flooring. I replaced all the doors so they would match, and I put in a whole new bathroom set, including a new vanity, with a mirror. The renovations cost me my life savings, but it was worth it. I had two jobs at the time, both decent paying, which also helped me renovate.

Since I was little, I would find ways to make money, only little bits, but then I would save it in a pillowcase. Only recently have I taken it to the bank. And that flat was now the place I called home, thanks to all my hard work growing up of protecting my money from my parents. One time they found half of my savings and beat me extra for keeping things from them. I cried for a week, because I tried so hard to hide it and had gotten it taken away. Luckily, at the time, I put the other half in a different, safe place, and that's what I continued to do while I lived with my parents. They checked every week after that one incident in the pillowcase, but never found anything.

I smile as I think of these memories. It took me a couple weeks to make that home perfect for me. I remember falling asleep on the soft carpet many times when I didn't have a bed yet, and the morning light would creep through the windows as the sun rose. It was hard work, but I wouldn't change a thing.

"What are you thinking about?" I completely forgot that the Doctor was next to me.

I turn my head to where he is, "Reminiscing, about my flat. Would you like to see it?" I ask, pointing to it. It's on the fourth floor, one from the top.

"Sure, why not?" His ravishing smile appears, and we both laugh a little.

***

"Alright, here we are," we finally got up all the stairs.

We walk a little ways down the hallway until I stop in front of a door. It's the door that reads: 4C. This is my address. I grab into my pocket, and pull out my key. Since the dinner, I've been carrying it around. I put the key in the lock and turn it.

I open the door and step in, the Doctor following me. The place is just as I remember it. The dishes I cleaned are still sitting on the counter, drying. The small couch I was given from a neighbor is sitting in the living room, across from my small TV set. It's as if I never even left.

"This is it, not much, but its what I call home." I close the door as the Doctor walks into the living room.

"I like it, its cozy. Not too much, not too little, nice sized."

I blush slightly. I place my keys on the counter and follow the Doctor into the living room. I sit on the couch and the Doctor walks around, observing.

Then a confused look comes across his face. "Something isn't right." He states walking toward a closet at the far end of the tiny apartment.

"Doctor, what is it?" I get off the couch and follow him to the closet.

"There's just something not right, I can feel it..." He trails off, staring at the closet. "Chloe, do you ever get the feeling that you shouldn't do something because you know something bad is going to happen? Well, I have that feeling, about this closet... But! I just love to break the rules!" He opens the door.

What stands before me makes me scream.

"Delete. Delete."

It was in my house, in my closet.

"Chloe, run." He slams the door and I grab my keys and bolt out the front door. The Doctor follows, using the sonic to lock the door.

I run to the stairs as I hear my front door bust, a cybermen marching out. I start down the stairs, then I see another, and another. I turn my head around and there are more and more cybermen.

Maybe it wasn't wise to come home...

~~A/N: 2014 if upon us! Have a great new year, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter :-)