Inside The Cage

Nico's POV

I immediately start hyperventilating. "Y-y-you'r-re e-eyes t-th-they w-w-were b-blue. W-why-y? W-what? H-how?" I sink fully to my knees. He looks genuinely sorry that he looked up. "My eyes do that when I get upset "  he whispered. "But how????" I ask still breathing as if I ran a marathon in under a minute.

I start to calm down. Him on the other hand looks as if he is gonna break apart. "I wish I knew but I don't and that pisses me off " he growled the last part. I watch him carefully and think before I say something I'll regret later. I however can't think of anything to say to him.

He eventually breaks the silence. "Are you afraid of me? Please be honest."
I don't think before I speak. "Yes I am." He looks down at the floor ashamed. After a few seconds he says " Is it because I am in here, have razor teeth and have eyes that change colour?" I see the tears run down his face. "No, it is because I don't know what you are capable of."

That makes him look up."Well thank you for your honesty." I watch dumbstruck as he gets up and starts to repeatedly punch the glass wall. "Hey. Hey! Stop! " He doesn't stop he just starts hitting harder. I quickly spring up looking for the keys to the cell. I find them and run to unlock the door.

Once I get it open I rush inside not even thinking of the fact I am now in his den. His hands are coated in blood but he continues to beat the wall. I quickly grab his hands and pin them to the wall. That was the biggest mistake I have ever made.