Opening Author's Note

Here we are, once again. The start of a new story, a blank page, a document that doesn't take a million years to autosave. It's a strange place to be.

If you're new here, this is the sequel to Chase The Wind. I suppose you could technically read this on its own, particularly if you're already familiar with Doctor Who, but there's going to be lots of references back to that story so really, just go read it.

I'm assuming most of you aren't new, though, in which case I'm going to warn you: This story is going to have a much darker tone than its predecessor. Again, if you're already familiar with Doctor Who and you know what's going to happen in these episodes, you know why. You guys are probably used to my tearing out your heart and stomping on it, so just brace yourself for some more of that ;)

Those who know these episodes are understanding why I'm giving a violence warning on here--nothing graphic, A. Because I don't want to write it and B. Because I don't want to slap this story with an M rating. Our villain is a disturbed individual and that affects the story. But keep in mind... this is Doctor Who, and anything can happen.

And hey, I'm not entirely cruel-hearted, am I? Our favorite OTP has finally gotten over themselves... There is a light at the end of the tunnel. And if anyone wants to go ahead and watch Utopia/The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords just to reassure yourself how this whole thing works out, I won't hold it against you. Just don't spoil the whammy for anyone else if you know what's coming!

Basically: buckle up buttercups, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Allons-y!

-doctortrekkie

P.S. You know me and my story theme songs. Below is this story's theme.