Chapter 16

That day I sat with Jenny and Rachel at lunch and conversed with them. Our usual playful banter. Rachel was too hyper as she usually is, and Jenny held a strong gaze with me as I told them about my dream. 

"Oh that's great! Anna Lee!! I am so happy for you!" Squealed Rachel as she sat restless on the bench. "So what else is new? We haven't talked in a while." 

"Well, nothing really..." My smile shifted as Dan popped into head. "Well there is one thing that has been going on...."

"What's that?" Jenny asked quietly calmly, but I could tell she was very curious. 

"So, you know how I was seeing that psych guy? Dan?" 

"Yeah" They responded almost at the same time.

"Well, every since he left, the dreams have been coming back, but he is in most of them." I sighed. " I miss him a lot! I have a hard time concentrating now because I am always thinking about him, how much I miss him, replaying his words in my head..." I looked at my lap in shame, " I know it sounds weird and stuff but I don't know how to stop...."

Rachel chimed with her usual immature sing songs, " OOOOOOH Anna Lee's got the hot's for her Psych!!!" I blushed.

"Shut up" I said blushing and with a nervous laugh. "This is serious! My grades are dropping and the dreams are coming back.I heard the nuns talking one night about, if I keep hurting myself they are gonna turn me over to St. Joe's." 

"What's St. Joe's?" Jenny asked, 

"It's a fucking mental institution!" I exclaimed a little too loud. 

Jenny reached over the table shoving her tray out of the way, she grabbed my hand and said, "Everything will be okay." She held my gaze in an intense effort to reassure me, but it didn't work. 

I feared every night to come.