Chapter 21

"I don't know what to do! I can't live without her!!" Cried Rachel. I held her in my arms, she was hysterically sobbing and I couldn't help but let the tears shed too. 

Jenny and Rachel had been caught together. They were in the bathroom together, when Sister Liza walked in to wash out paint brushes. She screamed and threw the brushes everywhere. Apparently Sister Liza lost her shit and ended up fainting. 

Rachel and Jenny ran, they ran out of the orphanage and through the gardens. They stopped at the edge of the gardens Jenny told Rachel that she was sorry about everything, she pulled out a blade told Jenny told her how much she loved her and then dug the blade into her vein. Rachel wrestled Jenny for the blade but Jenny was stronger, she dug it into her wrist farther and let out a shriek of pain. Now on the ground Rachel ripped of pieces of her shirt and wrapped it around Jenny's arm. But there was too much blood lost. Jenny was gone. 

Rachel ran back to the orphanage as fast as she could and alerted the nuns. They all rushed out to Jenny and prayed over her. One of them called 911, but the rest just shrank to their knees around her and prayed. 

Rachel ran right to me. I couldn't do anything but be there for her... 

* * *

Rachel was taken to a conversion sell. She would stay there for the rest of her time in the orphanage. It was a small sell with a cot and a toilet. She was able to have visitors once a week. I went every week for the entire allotted time. Most of the time she spent crying and talking about Jenny which didn't help me or her much... I brought her books and paper and pens. Food wasn't allowed, so I never got to bring her treats. 

It was really hard to see her like that. But in my eyes, I still had a piece of Jenny with Rachel around. I cried for weeks about Jenny. Every time I entered math class and saw that bench empty I cried. Every time I entered the cafeteria and didn't see Jenny and Rachel I'd lay my head on the table and cry. I cried myself to sleep.