Chapter 2

After my parents death I moved in with my aunt. She was always there for me and was the biggest support in my life, until I fucked it all up. My depression was growing and I had no other way of controlling it. I turned to drinking and drugs, along with self harm. On the weekends I went to friends houses and got high. When the thrill of that wore off I turned to liquor. I swiped bottles of whiskey and vodka from my aunts cellar. She collected alcohol but never really drank. I knew she'd never notice. Me and Susanne had begun to fight about my habits. One day, she finally gave up trying, and told me that if I wasn't going to stop drinking she was going to leave. I told her I couldn't stop and so she said goodbye. 

That night I sat in my room and drank an entire bottle of green apple vodka and downed more than a few shots of Fireball Whiskey. I got so drunk that I passed out leaving the bottle on the floor next to my bed. 

My aunt found it the next morning when she came into my room to wake me up for school. She was enraged. She placed me into Harmony's shortly after. And by shortly after I mean the next day. 

I've been sober ever since. The fact that it's a christian orphanage helped. 

It's not as bad as everyone thinks. They don't lock you in plain cemented rooms, or serve you bowls of slop. At least not at Harmony. They supply us with three well balanced meals a day and snacks. Snacks only come if you've been good throughout the day. "Good" meaning you've done all of your chores and were well behaved during school. 

Chores come in the morning, and school comes after lunch. We have to study Math, English, Art, History, and at least two hours of bible study a day. Art is my favorite class. We get to do pretty much anything we want as long as it involves religion. The religion part isn't my cup of tea, but I can usually do it with minimal inclusion and still get approved. 

I don't have many friends. Jenny and Rachel are the only people that really try to talk to me. The kids think I'm weird because of all of my scars. But Jenny and Rachel don't because they have scars too. They've been so supportive, I owe my life to them. Since Susanne stopped talking to me, they're the only people I have that I can talk like I used to talk to her. 

They're the only ones that know...