Chapter 12

They kept me in the sell until the gashes faded and they thought I was more stable. I continued classes as usual, I ate with Rachel and Jenny, and I went to art class. Only in the evenings they hired a psychologist to come talk to me. His name was Dan. Daniel Bergh. 

He was tall and handsome with eyes that made my heart skip a beat every time they met mine. He was one of the most supportive people i'd ever met. He was always there for me when I needed him. I told him all of my secrets including my dreams. 

After a couple weeks of seeing him every day and connecting with him on such a deep level, I found myself falling. I looked forward to our meetings every day. I found myself sitting in class wishing for the time to fast forward until we were in my room, face to face, connecting. 

The weirdest part is, when I was seeing him, my dreams began to dwindle... Well, my nightmares I should say. I still dreamed but the majority of my dreams consisted of him. There was one in particular that I remember with great detail. 

We were in my room and talking. He all of a sudden got up and walked towards my door way. I sat on my bed confused, he waved me over and we walked. He opened the front doors of the orphanage and we proceeded to walk into the parking lot. There was a baseball diamond near the orphanage and a nature trail that led to it. So we walked up the street on the gravel driveway. We didn't talk much. As we approached the nature trail the baseball diamonds billboard lit up with the message: Goo Goo Dolls play here Tonight!! 

He read the sign and so did I. "I love the Goo Goo Dolls." I said, hoping he'd say the same. 

'Yeah they're pretty good." We kept walking and into the nature path we walked. The green of the forest was deeper than emerald due to the lack of sun on that particular day. Bugs swarmed us and the overgrowth on the path scraped at my ankles. It was irritating but the feeling dwindled as I thought about it. Here I am in nature, my favorite place, with my favorite person in the world. This couldn't get better. I was wrong. 

As we turned down a bend in the path I could see the baseball diamond and music was playing. It was The Goo Goo Dolls. They were warming up... It was slow music... This dream was set up like a movie.... My heart raced and butterflies in my stomach fluttered joyfully. We walked on and he began to bring up my dreams... Before I knew it we were back at the orphanage doors and before he opened the doors he stopped me. He leaned up against the brick and folded his arms. 

"You've gotta promise me that you'll find a plan..." He sighed, "We can't see each other forever, you have to let yourself get better. Okay?"

I nodded, my heart sinking. He smiled and opened the doors. Then I woke up.

I wasn't sure whether I should be sad or happy. I was happy that I had been blessed with such a pleasing dream, but my heart sank at the idea of him leaving me...