Chapter 13: Ava's P.O.V.

I watched the forest edge as I sat in the back yard with a sleeping Aggie but just as I was about to go inside I saw Jinx step out of the tree line, his eyes on me. I watched him as he made his way toward me, small teddy bear in his hands. Kneeling down before me, he set the bear down beside me before touching my cheek and leaning in to kiss my forehead then Aggies. He then stood at that moment, his gentle touch leaving a burning sensation I missed so much when he touched me. And then I watched Jinx walk inside just as Jessie walked out. He stopped a moment before looking at her and whispering. “Keep my girls safe.”

Jessie looked at him confused. “Yes, Captain.” She said sarcastically before turning to me with a smile. “What crawled up his butt and died?” She asked as she took Aggie from me.

“Not sure. Hey, can you watch her for me for just a few minutes? I need to talk to Jinx.” I said as I stood up.

“Of course.” She answered and I walked away. Once in the house, I went straight to my room, Jinx’s room, I found him.

“I need to ask you some questions.” I said and he nodded, facing away from me. “What happened the day that made me go into that mini coma?”

He turned to face me. “Your mother hit you on the back of the head with the butt of a shotgun.”

I nodded, excepting it. “Okay, and about my mother, what happened to her after that?”

“She ran when I started killing.” He whispered and we were silent for a moment.

I then sighed heavily. “Why’d you leave?”

“I was mad at myself.” He whispered. “Scared I’d do the same thing my father did but to you. Then everything else started happening.”

“What is that everything else?” I questioned.

“Apparently my mother thinks you have control over my emotions.” He laughed to himself. “Might as well be true. Anyway everything I’ve done is because of my emotions toward you.”

“And what does that mean?”

“It means that I’m giving up. I’m not going to stay away from you anymore.” He grabbed me by the wais and brought his lips down on mine. Oh, how I missed this but just then my thoughts caught up with me and I pushed him away before slapping him.

“You’re such a jerk!” I said before grabbing him and bringing his lips back to my own.

“I know I am.” He whispered. “And I’m sorry.” He then pulled me even closer to his body. “I love you so much.” And that’s when I noticed that he had tears streaming down his cheeks. He didn’t seem to notice he just touched me with this gentleness I never thought he held in him.

“I’ve been waiting for the real you to come back out.” I whispered as I squeezed him tighter. “I love you, too.” I smiled. “Now let’s get you formally introduced to our daughter.”

He grinned. “She’s gunna be spoiled rotten, I hope you know that.”

I smiled back up at him. “I do but I want you to know that this doesn’t mean that I forgive you. You treated me pretty badly and all but ignored our daughter.

He nodded before slowly pulling away before he could speak, Macy was beside us.

“Alright, now that that is settled, you both need to come with me.” She touched the palm of her hands to us and everything went dark. I felt like I was being sucked through a tube the size of a pencil tip. Suddenly, in a call of smoke, we appeared in a dark room.

“Alright, now with her here, I think you can learn to control it a lot faster.” She walked to the middle of the room where a small black candle was lit.