jungkook.

the gargling noises coming from jungkook's mouth became shaky breaths as jimin began to cry. the bloody barbed wire carved holes into jungkook's throat, matching the pricked dots forming in jimin's palms. his eyes shut tighter as jungkook tried his best to speak, but failed when jimin pulled tighter against his neck.

"don't wait for me," jimin whispered into his ear as the noises began to calm down, "but tell the boys that i'm sorry," his eyes stayed swollen shut as the weight of his best friend pressed against him. slowly, they both made it to the ground, together for one last time, "i'm so sorry, please forgive me, please," jimin began to plead before tightening the wire once more.

the sound of jungkook's last breath left the cold air lonely. jimin's hands, covered in a mixture of jungkook and his own blood, finally loosened it's grip. his head dropped into jungkook's shoulder, "please, forgive me," his voice shallow.

the alley way they were minutes ago just walking in now held a deeper meaning. it wasn't just two walls that never meet or artists canvas for things that seemed meaningless. this alley way, a corner away from forty-fourth street, was going to be known as the murder of jimin's best friend, band mate, and brother.

jimin stayed with jungkook's dead body for the rest of the night. his finger traced over the bold line that connected the boys together. his red nose and drained eyes resembled a zombie; he felt more dead than the body laying next to him.

his head tilted towards the sky and nearly grinned as a snowflake landed on his forehead. the barbed wire slowly wrapped itself around jimin's wrist, right above the names of his dead friends. "is this how it was meant to be all along?"

"me," jimin's head dropped as his eyes began to tear up again, "just me left with me," his hand pulled against the wire, blood trickling down his forearm. his head threw back to the brick wall; the pain not even adding up to everything he had felt for the past two months.

"please," he whispered, his eyes hesitating to open, "just let me die."