10

{January 11, 2014}

The next morning I was in Luke's house, just looking at all the pictures on his walls. His bedroom walls I mean.

"Oh, morning Steph." Luke said and walked into the room. I looked at him and shrugged.

"Morning." I said and looked at the pictures on his desk.

"How'd you get a picture with Armstrong?" I asked and held up the picture with Luke and Billie Joe Armstrong.

"Oh!! Green Day was in Melbourne for a few weeks back when I was seven. I got a picture with Armstrong and that was the happiest day of my life. Armstrong and Green Day are the reason I love music so much." Luke said and I smiled.

"I've been listening to Green Day since I was three. I love them so much." I said and Luke walked over to me.

"Have you ever seen them in concert before?" Luke asked.

I wish I could say yes. "Nope. Never seen them in concert. I wish I could." I said.

"Maybe I could get us a few tickets to their next concert in Australia. If I can, wanna come?" Luke asked and I set the picture down.

"Sure. I'd love to come." I said and Luke smiled.

"Great. I'll see what I can do." Luke said and I nodded.

"So, is your mum making breakfast? I'm starving." I said and Luke laughed.

"Yea she's making it now." Luke said and I nodded.

"Luke!!! Tell your friend breakfast is ready!!" Luke's mum yelled and Luke looked at me.

"There's your answer missy. Let's go eat." Luke said and we walked downstairs. As we walked downstairs, I noticed all the pictures on the wall. They all had pictures of Luke, his mum and dad, along with two older boys.

"Who are the boys in these pictures?" I asked and we walked into the kitchen.

"My older brother's. Jack and Ben are way older than me and have families." Luke said and I nodded.

"Are they into music?" I asked.

"Not as much as me but yea, they like music." Luke said and his mum smiled at me.

"Morning kids. Steph, how'd you sleep last night? Luke does snore." Luke's mum said and I laughed.

"I live with three boys who snore, I can live with it." I said and Luke's mum gave us breakfast.

"Thanks Mrs. Hemmings." I said and she smiled at me, laughing.

"Honey, call me Liz. Everyone does." She said and I nodded.

"Ok, Liz." I said and Luke looked at me.

"You get along with my family nice. That's cool, but you said you lived with two boys." Luke said and I laughed.

"No, I live with three. The other boy already graduated. He's more of Calum's friend then my friend." I said.

"And Michael?" Luke asked and I took a bite out of the bacon on my plate.

"We're like family. He's practically my brother." Only I actually have three real brothers.

"Liz!! Liz did Lucas have someone over!!" A deep Australian accent yelled and a man walked into the room.

"Oh, hello. I'm Luke's father, Andrew." The man said and I smiled at him.

"I'm Steph, Luke's friend." I said and Luke nodded.

"Luke is she trying to cover up something? Are you sure you're not dating?" Andrew asked and I laughed.

"Sorry. Sorry I'm laughing. We're not dating, we're just friends. I swear." I said and Luke nodded.

"Yea dad, we're just friends." Luke said and I set my empty plate in the sink.

"Thanks for the breakfast, Liz. It was great." I said and Liz smiled.

"You're welcome Steph. I hope to see you again." Liz said and I grabbed my keys.

"Well I hope I can come over again too. I'm gonna grab my things from Luke's room then get home." I said and Luke set his plate in the sink.

"I'll walk you out." Luke said and followed me back to his room. I grabbed my phone and pocket knife before turning to Luke and putting the knife between my breasts.

"How does that thing not open?" Luke asked and I giggled, putting my phone in my back pocket.

"I've always carried a pocket knife around since I was four. I had to protect myself when my parents weren't around." I said and Luke nodded.

"So the knife you always have is a way to keep you safe?" Luke asked and I nodded.

"Yea, just please don't worry about it." I said and Luke nodded.

"Yea, well let's get you to your car so you can get home." Luke said and I nodded.

"Yea, let's get me home."