Chapter 20

"What do you mean you don't know where she is?" Reego asked Taste as he paced back and forth in Delmar and Sophia's cabin. "She's mad. She got into it with this little bitch I was fucking and she left." Taste explained. Reego held the bridge of his nose in frustration. He was pissed that Taste could not control Telay and Telay knew too much about Taste's lifestyle to be out running around. Papa was afraid that if she got mad enough that she would become a threat. "Tacear, Telay knows too much. You need to find her and keep her under control. It is important that you understand how much your relationship with this woman affects the rest of us."

"Trust me Papa, she'll be back soon. You don't need to worry, she's not a threat."

"She knows too much. Anyone who is close to us is a threat. Especially her. Now you need to either marry her or get rid of her. This is starting to be a problem. If I need to kill her myself I will. But something needs to happen."

"Papa, maybe your overreacting." Sophia pitched into the conversation after Reego's last statement. "Taste, what needs to happen is you need to either be faithful or keep your business in the streets and away from your home. There is no way that woman and Telay should've bumped heads. Papa you can't be upset at Telay. She is young and upset but that doesn't mean she needs to be killed! She probably just needs to clear her mind. I'm sure she is not a threat to us."

"Mom, I got it. It's cool. I'm about to handle this right now." Taste said after noticing he had a text message from Teflon. "My mans just sent me a text. She downtown at the Hilton. I gotta go." Taste said leaving the cabin.

He got into his Rollz Royce and drove as fast as he could to the nearest flower shop. He brought a huge teddy bear with the words 'I'm sorry' etched into it's stomach and 2 bouquets of purple, yellow and white tulips. He got on his phone and called her as he headed to the hotel. She seen him calling but refused to answer it. Instead she decided to tell Pepsi everything she really wanted to tell him.

"Telay, I tried to tell you that a lot comes with loving a man like him."

"Are you trying to tell me that I should just let this shit ride? Pepsi, I don't want him with other women."

"I'm not saying that Telay. All I'm saying is that you need to make up your mind about whether you want to be with him or not."

"I love him Pep. I really do." Telay confessed. She looked at her ringing phone knowing that it was Taste calling. She tried to think of a million reasons why she shouldn't answer it but all she could think about was the things she loved about him. The smell of his cologne, the sound of his voice, the way he held her, the faces he made when they had sex. She was so afraid to be alone and she felt that Taste was the only man for her. She feared life without him because the one she had before him was fucked up. Life without Taste would be miserable and she couldn't see it any other way.

She wiped her tears and took a deep breath before answering the phone. She held the phone to her ear without saying anything. "Lay?" Taste spoke into the phone, positive that she was listening. "Baby, I'm sorry. You can't leave me. I love you too much to let you go. That bitch don't mean nothing to me. You the only woman I care about. You got my heart, please quit tripping. Lay?" She sat quietly as tears rolled down her eyes. "I know your there Lay."