Peybrina Fanfiction Chapter 10

I woke up dizzily in a hospital bed. My head automatically started to sting.

"Peyton? Honey?" I heard my mother's voice, although it was muffled. "You're awake!"

I heard her sniffle as she attempted to hug me.

It felt difficult to open my eyes all the way. I felt exhausted.

"Mom?" I heard myself sound raspy.

"Here, drink some water." She grabbed a cup of water and held it up to my mouth. I took a sip and swallowed.

"What happened?" I painfully tried to sit up but couldn't.

"Woah, easy, Peyton. You've been in a coma for a week."

I thought for a minute. I remember. I was at my football game and I hit my head with another guy. And Corey was there. So was Sabrina. Sabrina.

"Where's Sabrina? And Corey?"

"I'll contact them. They visited you yesterday. So did your friend Rowan."

I reached over for my phone but my mom stopped me.

"Mom, I'm ok. I need to talk to my friends."

She sighed and let me grab my phone. I turned it on and looked at the date. A day before Bradley's surprise birthday party. Great.

I scrolled down my lock screen, full of "Get better" texts. I spotted Sabrina's.
"Hey Peyday. I hope you wake up soon. I really care about you, you're my best..."

The lockscreen cut off the rest of it.

I opened the chat and read the rest of the text
"best friend. I don't know if I can do this without you. Get better soon."

I started texting back. "hey sabby. I woke up." I pressed send then texted back my other friends and family that texted me.

Soon there was a knock on the door. My mom got up and opened it. A nurse stood there.
"I believe some of Peyton's friends are here but I need to see his blood pressure and everything before they come in."

My mom nodded and let the nurse in.

She typed in some stuff in the computer before leaving.

A couple of seconds later, Corey and Rowan walked in.

"Peyton!" Corey came to the side of the hospital bed and hugged me. I smiled and hugged Rowan back as well.

"How are you feeling?" Rowan asked.
"Like crap. Where's Sab?"

"She's coming. Did the nurses give you medication yet?" I shook my head.

I drowned out everything else my thoughts on Sabrina. I really hope she comes.

"Peyton?" Corey waved his hand in front of my face. "Huh?"
"Corey, chill out. He just came out of a coma." Rowan said, smiling.

"Alright.." Corey relaxed his shoulders.

I heard the door creek open and looked over. It was Sabrina.

"Peyday!" She beamed at the sight of me and ran over to hug me. I smiled brightly, already knowing I looked like a dork with how big I was smiling.

"You woke up! I missed you!" She hugged me tightly and I hugged back, embracing her presence."
"Yeah. I'm glad you came."

"Of course I would!" She sat down on the other side of me.

I rubbed my head.
"Your head hurts?" Sabrina asked. I nodded, squeezing my eyes shut in pain.

A nurse walked in with a small cup of water and a pill.

"This is a pain reliever." I took the pill and took a sip of the water. I gulped.

She walked out.

"Sabby, I don't know if I can exactly make it to the surprise birthday party tomorrow."
She laughed. "I know, Pey. It's ok. I think everyone will understand."

I smiled. God, her blue eyes glowed in the lighting from the sun peeking in through the window in the room. They had stars in them. She's so beautiful and perfect. I would do anything to be with her.

"I think we should let you rest." Corey shot eyes at Rowan and Sabrina, both of them nodding.
"Actually, Peyton, if you don't mind, I kinda wanted to stay. I don't want to be rude but I just missed you. We don't have to talk."

I nodded. "That's fine with me." I smiled while Corey nodded and started shuffling out of the room with Rowan.

I looked over at her, smiling. She smiled as well as she took my hand and slightly squeezed it. I felt my cheeks becoming hot.

"Peyton, are you ok with me and Bradley dating? I know you and him left off on a bad note. And I know he dumped me and all.." She trailed off.

"Sabrina, as long as you're happy, it's fine with me. I just need to be sure you're happy." We stared at eachother for a good 5 seconds.

"Alright. I'm happy, so don't worry." She smiled and got up. "I'm going to let you rest."
"You don't have to leave, you know. I don't mind if you stay."

"Are you sure? I don't want to be creepy."
"Yeah, it's fine." I smiled and sunk down. I pressed a button on the hospital bed and lowered myself so I wasn't sitting up.

She sat back down in the chair. I felt her eyes watch me as I drifted into sleep. I didn't mind.

When I woke up, Sabrina was still there, just asleep.

I smiled drowsily at her. She looked so content and cozy.

I noticed she was holding my hand and I smiled. I didn't let go even after I realized. However, I gently squeezed her hand, getting her to wake up.

She yawned and opened her eyes. "Oh, hey Pey. You're up." She smiled.

I nodded. Just seconds later, a nurse came in.

"Hello. Sorry if I'm interrupting, but Ms. Carpenter, we just got a call from what seemed to be your parents saying they wanted you to come home. They said you didn't pick up your phone."
Sabrina nodded and stood up. She smiled at me. "I'll come back later today." She then walked out.

"Peyton, you'll be having to stay tomorrow and you'll be able to go home. Since your head injury wasn't too too severe, the doctor believes you'll be fine to go home tomorrow before 6:00 P.M. You will be sent home with medication though."
I nodded and slightly smiled.

She walked out and shut the door.

I turned over and went to sleep again, feeling exhausted.

I woke up to my mom sitting next to me. I smiled at her.

"Hey Peyton. You feeling any better?"
I nodded.

"I called your father and he decided to come out and see you."
My stomach dropped. My face fell expressionless. I started to become a little angry.

"Why did you call my father? He cheated on you and was a verbally abusive alcoholic. I want nothing to do with him." I said the last sentence in a deep tone. I hate my father.

"Honey, please, calm down. He just cares about you."

"Cares about me? You wanna talk about caring about me?! If he cared about me, he wouldn't have cursed me and you out, nor would he have cheated on you and walked out on you." I shouted, starting to get furious.

The monitor beeped once, indicating my heart rate going up.

"Please calm down. It's ok." My mother rested her hand on my arm, trying to calm me down in a soothing voice.

I sighed looked up at the ceiling. "When is he coming?"
"Tomorrow at twelve."

Great, just wonderful. Now I have to deal with this. I just wished Sabrina was here. She could calm me down, talk me into not being rude to my father. She's the only person on the planet that could.

----------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

-S