Peybrina Fanfiction Chapter 11

My father walked into the hospital room with balloons and what looked to be a mini food basket with a card. I stared cold at him. I could feel the hatred in my eyes.

He sat down in a chair on the right side of the hospital bed. "Hey Peyton." He smiled softly at me.

I didn't respond with anything for a moment. "So this is what it takes to get you to come see me? Me getting hurt?"

He looked at the ground. "Peyton, I'm sorry. I've been busy with running my business an-"
"And you have to focus on your new family? Yeah, you said that in your last messages."

He sighed. "Do you want me to come see you later?"
"Sure."

I rolled over at looked out the window as I heard my dad walk out of the room. I grabbed my phone then texted Corey and asked him to come to the hospital.

"I don't even want my dad coming back." I played with my fingers, thinking.

"You shouldn't hold grudges. Especially on family. He did do wrong but I think he's changed, Peyton." Corey sighed.

"I know, but all I let out is frustration. I'll get over it. Anyway, what have I missed at school and everything?"

"Well, Sab's been worried about you. Oh, I've been meaning to ask, will you be able to shoot on Wednesday?"

"Yeah. I'm being let back home tomorrow."

We both sat in silence for a couple of minutes. Corey then cleared his throat. "Rowan has a surprise for you when you come on set Wednesday. She didn't tell me what for but she did say that her and Sabrina have been working on it since last week."

I thought for a moment, trying to think of why they would have a surprise for me.

"Oh." I slowly started to zone out.

"You sound really excited." Corey said sarcastically.
"Sorry, it's just, I'm trying to think of why they would have a surprise for me."

"Maybe they thought you were gonna win that football game?"
I nodded. I was still unsure though.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.
"Come in." I spoke somewhat softly.
A nurse walked in with a tray with a top on it. Hospital food.

"Sorry to interrupt. It's lunch." She set down the tray and packet of medicine she had in her hand onto a rolling tray. 

"Take the medicine after eating." She walked out.

I pulled the tray towards me. I started scanning my hands across both sides of the hospital bed, searching for the buttons to the incline controls.

"Here." Corey pressed one of the buttons to sit me up.
"Thanks."

I started eating, trying my best to keep from tasting the food as I swallowed. I always found hospital food nasty.

"Do you feel any better?"
"Eh, I mean the pain isn't horrible but it's not gone."
He nodded.

Once I finished, I took the two pellets of medicine out of the packet and swallowed them with water.

Corey grabbed his phone as he heard it go off. "That's my mom. I gotta go. But hey," he said as he touched my arm to get my full attention. "try to be nice to your father."
"Ok, mom." I smiled and Corey chuckled in response.

Corey walked out and shut the door. I started texting Rowan, bored out of my mind when I heard the door open.

My mom peeked through. "Hey."
"Hi." I turned off my phone.

She walked towards the side of the bed and sat down.

"I heard you weren't very kind to your father. Why, Peyton?"
I rolled my eyes. "If you're here to fuss at me the-"
"I'm not." My mother said sternly to cut me off.

"I'm just asking, why? He's trying to be nice to you. Please treat him with respect." 
"How? It's not like I can forget the past." I looked away from her, getting frustrated.

"I'm not saying you have to, but just treat him with respect. He's your father, after all." She sighed. "That's all I'm asking for." 

I heard her get up from the leather chair. "I'm letting him in." She said simply and walked in.

Fifteen seconds later, he came back in. I looked over at him, trying to wipe away the ugly look off my face.

He set the basket down on the bedside table.

"Listen Peyton, I know you don't enjoy my company so I'll be quick. I-"
 I cut him off.
"You're going to give up that quick?" 

He sighed and put his head down. "Sorry.. continue.."

He waited a moment. "I love you Peyton. Nothing can change that. I'm deeply truly sorry I'm not really in contact with you. My family just lost our house while I was on my way here."

I raised my eyebrows in response, surprised.
"I decided to be here with you before going back. Also, I'm sorry for everything I did to you and your mother. You guys didn't deserve that part of me. But I promise you Peyton, I've changed. I'm not that abusive alcoholic anymore."
He smiled softly and I tried to smile back.

"Anyways, I love you dearly Peyton. I'll call you when I get home, ok?"
I nodded.
"I love you too." The words came struggling out of my mouth, like I was saying a curse word in front of my mother.

He smiled and got up. "There's a surprise for you in the food basket."

He finally walked out, shutting the door behind him softly. I heard indistinct voices coming from outside my room, probably my mother and father.

I yawned, feeling sleepy. That nurse probably gave me the night time medicine. 

I pressed one of the incline buttons and lied myself down. I closed my eyes and fell into slumber.

The next day, at 12:02 P.M., I was finally let out of the hospital. I went home and called Sabrina immediately, wanting to ask her if the surprise thing was true. It's not that I didn't believe Corey, it's just that, really, I wanted to hear her voice again and find a reason for her to come over.

"Hello? Peyton?" Sabrina spoke softly through the phone. It soothed me, sending chills down my spine.
"Hey Sab, it's me."
"You're out of the hospital?!" I could hear her smile as she spoke. She's always adorable when she gets excited like that.

"Yeah. I was let out thirty minutes ago. But hey, I wanted to ask you something. Corey told me that you and Row have  surprise for me tomorrow. Is that true?"
She giggled. Not like that popular girl, 'I'm the queen bee bitch' giggle, but a cute one.

"Yeah. Corey wasn't supposed to tell you though!" I laughed.
"Heh, well, it's still somewhat of a surprise. Hey, you wanna come over for a bit?"
"I'd love to. I'll see you there!" She laughed one more time before hanging up. 

Her laughs always made me smile or laugh as well. It's like whenever she's happy, I am. She's become a new part of me. 

Ten minutes later, there was a knock at my front door. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Sorry I'm not very active with my writing. I've been busy with school and friends and Christmas break etc. 

Hope you guys have a great holiday! Merry Christmas!

-S