At Home

Add 91 days to your list of anime where Canada is mentioned. I was kinda expecting it since we played a part in the prohibition and such but we were referred to as "exotic" which is pretty cool.

"Mattie!" Alfred almost knocked me over when he came trough the door.
"What's got you so excited?" I asked, struggling to keep my feet on the ground.
"Matthias got me a puppy!" My brother announced.
"Aw!" I laughed, legs finally giving out. We fell on the floor in a giddy mess.
Matthias lifted him off me and pulled him into his arms.
"Now we have two puppies in the house." He teased.
"Speaking of pets," Gilbert spoke up, looking at his phone. "Yao is bringing Kuma back today."
"He is?!" I climbed to my feet, eager.
"This afternoon at three."
I tucked myself into Gil's arms and swayed us back and forth. "I hope there will be enough room here."
"About that..." Alfred stepped in. "My adoptive parents willed me this house way up in the woods. It's big and secluded and has a killer hot tub. I was gonna use it for a zombie stake out base until I learned that the real danger is our own toothpaste."
I decided not to ask about the toothpaste. Alfred had a habit of believing the news a little too much.
"Al...that's too big. We can't accept that."
"Why not? I don't need the place and you do. Besides, you're gonna have kids someday...and you'll have Kuma. This apartment is too small for all that."
I wanted to argue but Alfred looked so insistent.
"Okay fine." I pulled my twin into the hug. "Thank you."
"I just want you guys to be happy." Alfred started crying.
"Al, don't get all emotional." I groaned. Alfred only cried harder.
Eventually he pulled away from us and landed in Matthias's arms.
"So...Mattie und I have news..." Gilbert tugged me closer, his hand on my hip.
"Yeah?" Alfred wiped off his eyes under his glasses.
Gilbert held out my hand, which had his grandfather's ring on it. He told me to wear it for tradition reasons and honestly, I really liked how it fit. M
"Mattie!" Alfred leapt on top of us, knocking us to the floor. The breath escaped my lungs as my back hit the floor. The pain spread from the injury I still had from the stab wound.
"Owwww!" I squeaked.
"Oh god Mattie! Are you okay?!"
"Uh...I dunno..." I clutched my stomach in pain. Gilbert took my hand.
"Do jou need me to call an ambulance."
"Just give me some Tylenol and I'll be fine." I coughed. Alfred scrambled toward the medicine cabinet while Gilbert kissed my forehead. Matthias chuckled and followed after his boyfriend, calmly plucking the Tylenol from the medicine cabinet and handing it to Alfred.
I reached up and stroked Gilbert's cheek, savouring the softness of his skin.
"Gil-bear,"
"Ja?"
"This is the best Christmas." I whispered.
"I couldn't agree more."