Devil's Trap

The phone call ended.

Meg had John.

"They've got Dad." Dean revealed.

Sam turned to him, eyes wide. "Meg?" Dean could only nod. "What'd she say?"

"I just told you, Sammy." Dean snapped, upset. "Okay. Okay." He grabbed the Colt from the table, tucking it away in his jeans.

"What are you doing, Dean?" Sam asked, confused.

"We got to go." Dean stated. He grabbed his duffle bag.

"Why?" Sam pressed.

He threw on his jacket. "Because the demon knows we're in Salvation, alright. It knows we got the Colt. It's got Dad-it's probably coming for us next." Dean excused.

"Okay." I held my Bag higher up on my shoulder. "Let's go."

"Good. We've still got three bullets left. Let it come." Sam countered.

Dean stared down at Sam, glaring with warring protective instincts and anger. "Listed, tough guy, we're not ready, okay? We don't know how many of them are out there. Now, we're no good to anybody dead. We're leaving... now!"

He marched out the door.

After he left, I put a hand on Sam's shoulder. "It's okay. You know how he gets about family."

Sam nodded. Together, we walked out from the motel room.

==DG==

It was happening.

Here we go-

Heading towards Bobby Singer.

I mean, Dean isn't heading that way yet.

But he will.

And like...Bobby.

The Impala was rushing down the highway.

"I'm telling you, Dean, we could have taken him." Sam grumbled

"Or we could have died." I argued. "So let's work on a plan, okay? They won't have killed John, not before they have a chance at the Colt."

"We just gotta find out where." Dean agreed. "They're gonna wanna trade him for the gun."

Sam shook his head, scoffing.

"What?" Dean questioned.

"Dean, if that were true, why didn't Meg mention a trade?" Sam pointed out. He took a heavy breath, holding back the thought that his dad was dead. "Dad, he might be-"

"Don't! Raven tell him!" Dean snapped.

"I mean...you don't wanna know why I think John's still alive." I admitted. 'There's no way Meg won't wait until we get there to kill him. She'd want to kill him while we watched, helpless. Given what actually happens, my idea is better. Worse, and cruel, but better for a demon to have done. Would Crowley be proud of me?

"Look, I don't want to believe it any more than you." Sam assured Dean. "But if he is, all the more reason to kill this damn thing. We still have the Colt. We can still finish the job."

"Screw the job, Sam!" Dean snapped.

"Dean, I'm just trying to do what he would want. He would want us to keep going." Sam explained.

'And since when do you take John's word as gospel?'

"Quit talking about him like he's dead already." Dean snapped, his voice rising until he was almost shouting. "Listen to me, everything stops until we get him back, you understand me? Everything."