Wings of a Raven

Dean was wrapping up a hunt, just a simple witch hunt. Nothing exciting. Nothing to take his mind of his latest 'chick flick' drama with his brother. The summer of '05 had just ended. This meant Sam was starting his next year of Stanford. Another year out of the life, another year of getting the apple pie life Sam had never had.

First day of classes, Dean was at bar getting drunk.

It was a couple miles out from Stanford. Dean had come for a quick check up on Sam.

He needed beer or sex. Beer and sex would be better. Anything to stop worrying about his brother.

It was barely late, maybe ten or eleven. Dean didn't care.

There were a lot of other people in the bar. A bunch of college kids looking to get drunk, plus some guys that looked like regulars.

There was a chick at the bar that got his attention. She was hot. She had long brown hair in these waves down to her shoulders. Her skin looked naturally tan. She was dressed in a black leather jacket, long jeans, combat boots, and a black tank top. All in all, she looked hot.

So, Dean did as Dean does.

He walked to the bar, taking a seat next to her. The chick didn't give him a glance. Dean ordered a beer, the first of many.

He put on his best flirty grin to the chick. "Hi."

She gave him a side eye. She went back to her beer. "Hi." She copied his flirty tone, except she clearly wasn't interested.

He held out his hand. "Dean."

"Raven. You are not my type." She replied, not missing a beat. She glanced down at his lap. "I don't really like them with...parts."

"Oh."

"Sound disappointed there, hotshot."

"Kinda am, yeah. Didn't think...you know...they liked this type of bar."

"They got beer. What more does it need?"

The bartender gave Dean his drink, just in time. Dean gave a little toast to her. "You got me there."

"Except I just told you why I don't got you there." She made another meaningful look at his pants.

It took Dean a second to get what she meant. He laughed.

"I bet you a round that you can't name all fifty states in ten minutes." The woman challenged.

Dean grinned. "Oh hell yeah. I can do that."

"Now, get started. You time starts now."

==DG==

He couldn't do it.

Ten minutes, and he couldn't remember all 50 states.

So he bought Raven a drink.

"Thanks for playing, Dean," Raven cheered. She motioned to the bartender, giving him her drink order of a scotch before going back to Dean. "I'm actually impressed. You had me going for a bit there. You forgot Vermont-"

"Oh now way that's cheating." Dean argued, gulping down some of his beer.

Raven snorted. "Oh yeah? How is it cheating, Dean?"

"You made those up." Dean replied. "There's no way they named a state 'Vermont'."

"There's also Oregon."

"No that's a trail."

"Yeah. In Oregon." Raven laughed, just in time for her drink to show up.