Epilogue: Danny's POV

3 years later...

"We're meeting Dani and Youngblood in five minutes, come on Danny!" Sam crosses her arms. Her black hair had grown out during our junior year in high school, and she kept it that way with the very tips dyed dark purple. Her grimace and Goth style clothing are the exact same though but I didn't mind. 

I grumble, "I was taking a nap! Besides we're seniors in high school now, we should be the ones making the time not my little cousin and her boyfriend." 

"Seniors in high school? You're the definition of a senior citizen right now," the Goth rolls her eyes, and lifts a hand towards me. "Don't make me blast you with your dad's newest invention." 

She lifts her silver bracelet up so it catches the sunlight. Green light trails through the metal, and while it might look pretty--Sam had already tested it on me with results showing that it wasn't all looks. My dad (being the person he is) made the bracelet for her saying that she needed to be able to defend herself if she was going to be a Fenton. 

God, he could be so embarrassing sometimes. 

"Alright, alright, I'm getting up," I say quickly, placing my hand in hers. 

While she's lifting me up, I use my force to pull her to me and catch her in a kiss. Sam smiles into the kiss, running a hand through my hair as I place a hand on her waist. 

I know there's another girl out there who you deserve to be with, Lizzie's voice echoes in my head. 

Breaking the kiss, Sam intertwines her fingers in mine and we start walking towards the meeting place. 

When Lizzie sacrificed her freedom and sucked herself into a Fenton Thermos, we were all sent reeling from the event. What she said about "another girl" I should be with, I sort of knew the answer. From that day on, I realized I liked Sam and I'd just been completely oblivious to the fact that I liked her--just passing it off as friendship. 

Just as Lizzie had said, the Fenton Thermos stayed locked until we reached Clockwork's castle. Clockwork and Tik had sealed the Thermos away into the depths of the castle where it was kept safe. I visited as often as I could to see if Lizzie had come back but Tik continued to tell me that it would take time for the sealing to wear off. Clockwork even mentioned that the magic that Lizzie had done on the Fenton Thermos was so strong, it could last many years and never disappear. He couldn't even figure out how to disable the magic in it. 

Dani called me yesterday, excitedly saying that Lizzie had come back and was at Clockwork's castle right now. I couldn't visit though because of a school project. Then my cousin called me again today to tell me that Lizzie was being held in Walker's prison. Her and Youngblood set up a time today to meet with my friends and I to talk about it before visiting Lizzie. 

"Danny!" a girl with black hair tied in a ponytail waves at me from a park bench. Running to me, my cousin wraps her arms around me in a hug. "Hey 'cuz!'"

When I step back to look at her, Dani has gotten taller but still notably shorter than me. She wears ripped jeans, a blue hoodie, dark maroon high tops, and beanie in her black hair. Dani beams at me and Sam holding hands. 

"You two are together? I haven't seen you two since what happened with Lizzie," the fifteen year old exclaims. "Thank God, we were all wondering when you two would get together." 

My gaze switches to Youngblood who lies across the bench with messy green hair hanging over his eyes. He sits up to stand next to Dani who leans into him playfully. 

"Phew, I'm finally here," Tucker runs up to us, and the techno geek puts one of his gadgets into his pocket. "What'd I miss?"