non-update (one shot)

A/N- Hey~

I was working on the other chapter but felt like writing a quick one-shot of Drarry. This does NOT affect the rest of the book and is completely separate. You don't have to read it, but here's a little something until the next update! (warning: a bit sad)

🎶song: Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi🎶

~~~

"Harry," a slight laugh, "what makes you think that is right on any level of the English language?! You," a full-blown chuckle now, "have completely butchered speaking and I am ashamed to know you, much less date you." Draco's eyes were lit up and he buried his face in his hands from laughing so hard. Harry was a bit sad to see his boyfriend's eyes be covered, but he now had a chance to defend his dignity.

"Nuh-uh! I firmly believe it's pronounced like iron. I-run, not i-yern... how do you even say that? I-yarn, i-yeryn, I can't even..." he trailed off, unsure of how Draco was implying he should pronounce it. Brows furrowed, he turned to look questioningly at Draco.

"Like this: i-ern," Draco explained slowly, watching Harry, "yes, like that. What? Stop looking at me like that. I swear, if you keep harassing me with your eyes, I'll go tell Hermione you failed your potions exam. Don't give me that look, you were the one who insisted on cuddling instead of studying like I, er, planned to." His eyes averted and got lost in thought, a tanned hand on his lower thigh bringing him back to reality after a moment.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Harry changed his seat from across his boyfriend to the one adjacent to his. He kept his hand steady and began to rub comforting circles on the inner thigh, watching Draco carefully as he tensed from Harry's words.

"N-nothing... gah, stop that." Draco squinched his cold eyes shut and grew stiff again, scooting an inch away physically but a mile emotionally. The air grew chilly; Harry couldn't percieve why Draco had suddenly shut himself off.

They had been doing so well, only occasionally having small arguments mostly over trivial subjects such as this one. Harry had honestly thought things were improving and soon they could be normal: all misconceptions.

He looked at Draco with green eyes begging for a real answer, a debit card depositing instant replies of truth. But he knew that's not how Draco was, deep down.

Three years. They'd been together for three years, and fit like two puzzle pieces-- yet the puzzle had never been completed. Sure, Harry was overly content, yet had known something was up. He had not asked, merely trusting in Draco. However, he had a malicious affinity of getting hot-headed sometimes, and right now he was growing towards the upper side of the thermometer.

"Draco, babe-- don't flinch when I say that. Please. Look at me, all I ask is you look with your own two eyes. See me? I'm here for you. I love you." He had removed his hand by now, and tried his best to resist a strong urge to place it back as Draco grew uncomfortable.

"I said nothing was going on. Just quit."

"Babe... you don't laugh. It's not who you are. Look at me! I'm talking to you, I need to know what's wrong. You don't laugh when you're happy, you laugh when you're sad and depressed and feel like you need a convincing facade that will fool me, but I know you well enough to avoid the wool being pulled over my eyes. I'm not currently mad, but I'm getting there, so please, please, talk." Harry leaned forward and awaited a response, tapping his boot-clad foot on the floor.

Draco flicked his gaze from Harry's foot to his own, then the ceiling. On the last flick, his face hardened like a rock as if deciding something. He abruptly stood up and turned around, muttering a steely gray, "Don't follow."