Seven

Prudence Newton above. 

"Finally," I murmured as the house was beginning to fill with furniture. Needless to have said, my room was already made, with my leather couch facing my CDs, and the left wall of the thirty-two feet square room was supplying six shelves of CDs, arranged in their year and my preference of them. I was the first to finish unpacking, as I had the least amount of clothes and personal items, and I was only unpacking for one.

My wardrobe and chest of draws, white painted, were beside the door, a mirror hanging over the draws dully, reflecting the magnificent view I withheld of the backgrounds. 

It may be slightly wistful of me, but from where I was situated I could see the private cemetery I was yet to explore, overgrown and in need of being introduced to the color of flowers, and a mow of the lawn. Nonetheless, it was a different and intriguing sight and I preferred the view instead of the surrounding trees, gardens, or front of the house.

With the calls of both Alice and Esme directing where pieces of furniture went, I escaped into the bathroom beside my room- one of the only rooms that weren't broken down and expanded into a larger room. Apparently, from what Esme had informed me, this room was the original bathroom- of course, in its time, the technology of showers, sinks, running water from faucets, and toilets weren't invented, but a tub- used as a bath would have been, and bowl of water to wash their faces.

Unlike when we first invested in the project, where the bathroom was hardly even a room, the refurbishment included the tiles, once out of date, to be slick, black slate, matching the floor, and contrasting with the fresh white appliances of the bath, toilet, and sink. The shower was the only appliance that wasn't white as the doors were glass, the shower head, square and being sourced from the ceiling, was silver, and the handle to change the temperature, also silver- matching the faucets, on both the sink and bath, and the radiator pipes, which was covered with the family's towels.

In the little time we had, I was surprised to already find toilet roll, soaps, and towels in this room- since most of it would just be for authenticity.

Suddenly- so abrupt that it quickly made me frown before the recognization settled through- dizziness began to swarm within my mind, so unnatural to me still that I staggered a step to the side, my arms enclosing around my head in attempt to block the light that was straining through the black open blinds in front of the window. Slowly, without any control, I became a prisoner to this lightheadedness, being blinded as the dull colors around me became brighter and more enhanced while I lost my vision of the present time, reality. I would have had tears in my eyes as my fear molded with my panic, terrified of both what was happening and what would happen when the inevitable proceeded. 

What would I see this time? What if I didn't want to see it? Did I have a choice? A freedom in my decision?

As my thoughts churned in my brain, thinking of all possibilities, I was alerted with the sudden urge to call for help, someone who could, perhaps, find a way out of this vision that would resemble the one I was in before.

I could only call for a pastor's son, Carlisle.

"Ca-arli-sle!"

And like a switch being turned to the opposite side, I was thrown into the darkness of the unknown. My vision faded with a blur, my ears blocked with the sound of the 1700s, and my voice fled from me. My attempts of escape ceased to exist as I was placed into another time.

Instead of the black slated tiles of the modern bathroom, I was seeing peach walls which resembled the color of vomit, wooden paneled walls, a stone fireplace, lit, with a golden mirror hung above. Various paintings lined the walls for decoration also, while wooden chairs, daybeds, and a bath- hidden by a cloth curtain- dotted the room.