Thirty-Three

This will be a triple upload- due to me being on holiday for a week, starting tomorrow. I thought, instead of making you wait for the final chapter for two weeks, I would just finish it now. Enjoy...

Three sunrises later, and the family were dotted around the house on various different occupations from the television, books, computers, to a chess board. I hadn't moved from my position, still with my hand caressing Bella's, but over the course of two days, she had become more aware of her surroundings. Throughout her transition, though, not a single word had escaped her, including screaming. She had been silent and mostly motionless, the exception being the wandering eyes, and tightening grip on my hand.

I brought up a range of topics, with the first day being about the different countries we could visit, with a very detailed description of each, to what Christmas and New Year's Day was like. During my explanations, she maintained eye contact, allowing me to be thawed by the warmth that radiated from her.

Twirling a strand of Bella's hair, I listened to Esme on the phone to a landscaper, who was highly recommended in the local gazette. Despite Esme's original reluctance to not convert the broken pool into a pond, she had already made numerous calls to companies who offered services to help. This last call was to query about a manmade pond at the back of the house, with questions that consisted of how long it would take and if it would be easy for the excavator to trek up these windy paths.

It was evident that Esme wanted to begin creating this house a home, as due to Esme's law of this process, it always started with the exterior of the house, as 'why would you want to gaze out the window of your house and see something so melancholy?'. It wouldn't matter if one had the best furniture and style in the house if the exterior didn't match the quality. This view, I had to remember, was from a woman who was brought up on a farm- a place where the outside was practically worshiped- and had various degrees in art and architecture. Everything had to be photogenic.

Tuning out of what was happening, Bella instantly caught my full attention when her hand tightened more than comfortable around mine. Looking at her expression, with her eyes slammed shut and her mouth in a grimace, I knew the squeeze of my hand was not a plea for attention. Therefore, perking my ears up and listening attentively to the heart that had acquired an overall eight bags of blood, I detected the slight shift of the tempo.

Everyone was aware that Bella would awaken today due to Alice's visions, thus, we were all on high alert. "Carlisle," I called, waiting for him to rush over here.

Two days had given me the time to overthink things, from how Bella would react to this change, if she would feel the same about me after the transition, to if the soul had programmed all the details of her spiritual life into her brain. Constantly, Alice had reassured me that Bella would remember everything, as the venom would ascertain that all elements of her body were at the best ability. All breakages and splinters of the bone would be healed, and muscles would be the most defined.

Carlisle, along with Alice who had successfully pulled her eyes away from the television that showed Game of Thrones, raced to this side of the house and inspected Bella. However, Carlisle's opinions weren't completely needed, for Alice knew the exact minute Bella would stand.

"Not long now," Carlisle murmured with a small smile while Alice grinned with a mind full of future ideas the two women could do; which revolved mostly around makeup, gossiping, clothes, and chick flick movies.

Personally, I saw Bella as a horror kind of women when talking film genre.

With a smile of my own, I inhaled a lung full or two of her scent, something I knew would change after she washed the smell of agedness away. Currently, a similar perfume to old, worn books was being administered, along with the scent of thick, damp moss. Naturally, this was due to the long period of time being spent underground; additionally, as Alice had previously noted, all it would take was a mere bath to rid her of this stench that masked her true scent. Even if this smell was a little overpowering, I greedily engulfed it more than once, familiarizing myself with it.