Chapter 3

"Mom! I'm home!" I shout only to be greeted by silence. She must either be at work or having one on one time with her long lost 'soul sister'.

Sighing, I make my way to my room and drop my bag somewhere on the floor. Taking a quick shower, which is about fifteen minutes, I get into my pajamas and head to complete the homework. I won't ever understand the concept behind homework nor do I intent on finding out.

I sit down on my desk, taking out my dreadful nightmare's worksheet the teacher has given us as homework. Did I mention that my dreadful nightmare is none other than chemistry? I hate it with every fiber in my body.

I stare at the worksheet trying to understand this Japanese language in front of me, just when I hear the door open.

"Up here!" I say thinking it's mom.

"Flower! Such a long time! God I've missed you sooo much!" To my surprise I'm greeted by Al.

I roll my eyes and swirl around to face him.
"And what has brought you, oh Mighty one, to bless me with your astonishing presence?"

Giving me a look of hurt, he plops down on the bean bag.
"Can't the Mighty one come and visit his peasant?" He says in a very bad British accent.

"Ugh, don't ever speak in British accent, or else I'd have to cut your tongue." I say.

"This tongue, my sweet child, has done wonders. You wouldn't want all those girls getting angry for cutting something filled with the most talent in this whole body. And seeing how much of a talent I have in this- " he gestures to his body, "-, it's actually a surprise how much more my tongue can exceed it."

"You disgust me!" I throw a pillow on his face, and the smack doesn't even satisfy my need to beat him up. So, I throw the nearest thing, which turns out to be a small wooden box.

Al dodges it away in another direction to save his face, only making the wooden box hit his precious jewels.

"Ow! My precious!" He squeals. And that's where I lose it.

I laugh so hard that I fall out off my chair.

"Hardy har har." He sourly says, pain evident on his face and glares at me.

"How do you manage to be such a klutz?" I ask him, after sobering up. "Let me guess, one of the talents filled in that body?"

"Yeah, whatever." He chucks the pillow at me.
"I come here to talk to my best friend and this is what I get?" He wipes is fake tears off.

"Don't feel sad, now. Frankenstein was ugly too." I turn around to face the desk again to complete my homework.

Half way through it, Al speaks up. Scratch that, he groans, grumbles, whines and shouts. All together. "I'm hungry!"

Rolling my eyes at the five year old who everyone else mistakes for the toughest guy in the school, I speak up without turning around. "You have feet, which have muscles, which help in movement, which makes you move, which makes you to go and fetch whatever you like from the kitchen and not disturb me."

"No. I want you to make me a sandwich." He stubbornly replies.

I sigh, knowing the fact I have no other way out.

"If I do, will you keep your little disgusting mouth shut?" I turn back to face him.

"Don't even think of saying that. I'll permanently stitch your mouth." I quickly add when I see his expression change to one when he says something extremely stupid.

Smiling amusedly at me, he mumbles, "Anything for food."

"What did I do to deserve such caring, considerate and fabulous best friends?" I mutter to myself sarcastically as I make my way to the kitchen with a very eager Al right behind me.