Chapter 7

Al , Zac and Jamie came together, Adam picked me up, and Scott picked Scar, since all of us lived near each other like that. We all met at the parking lot and went to the party together.

"Jamie, that dress suits you so well!" I exclaim as I see Jamie wearing the dress I gave her.

"Than-" Jamie was cut off as Nick comes from behind and pulls her into a hug.

"God, I've missed you." Nick says as buries his head on the crook of her shoulder.

"Me too baby. You look good!" Jamie replies.

"See you inside." Nick leaves her behind.

As we all step inside we split.

Nick was being distant with Jamie these days, which led me to believe that he was going to break it off with her, which is not possible since they are not even official. Jamie is scared of going in relationship and Nick promised to wait for her to be ready. But for the past few weeks, it seems like Nick is being disinterested in her. I tried talking to Jamie, but she says it's basket ball that's keeping him occupy off the time. Everything that Nick does these days seems forced, like he wants to show that he is still rooting on her. Or I could be just assuming things and being paranoid. I need to stop reading clichés so much. I mean, they were so cute together since the start from the freshman year. I am sure if there would be any problem, they would sought it out. I hope. Even Scar noticed that something is off about them.

During these train of thoughts, I notice myself in a different room, which I assume to be the kitchen. I spot Summer handing drinks to people and receiving greetings from everyone.

"Hey Summer! Happy birthday!" I give her a side-hug and hand over the gift that the three of us girls bought for her. As for the boys, well they are pigs and wont want to spend on buying a gift for a friend.

Summer was nice to us, even though her major intention was for claiming Al and now Adam. She still helps us with everything so I can't find a reason to truly hate her. I just don't like her. As someone said, hate is a very strong word.

"Thanks for coming, Lily! And where are the others?" or just Al, I add in my mind.

"They might be somewhere here." I say. I look at the drink she is holding up.

"Take it! It's good!" I know that it has alcohol, but I don't need to worry about getting drunk, since Adam is the designated driver for tonight.

I take the drink from Summer, saying a quick thanks and slipping off to the main room where the makeshift dance floor is set up. The whole party is a typical high school party, so I don't need to go in the details.

A guy approaches me, who I remember is in my History class. I guess his name is Pigwit or something. The drink was pretty strong and I might have had a few by now, and I was starting to fell the buzz.

"Lily!" He shouts to be heard in the sound.

"Pigwit!" I wave at him.

"Uh...haha...It's Patrick. Like to dance?" He chuckles and offers his hand.

"Sure!!" I say as we make through the crowd.

We dance for a while. Then I see Adam approaching us, bobbing his head.

"Adam!" I wave at him. Adam looks at me and grins.

"Lily! we have around one hour more! I promised your mom to bring you back by 12!" He shouts through the music.

"Coooooooooooooooooolllllllll!" I drawl out and click my tongue. I thought that Adam would go away and leave me to dance more but instead he slowly starts bumping Pigwilet with his hip, so he took his place in front of me. Pigwilet is too lost in the dance to realize that he has just been pushed away. I need to apologise to him afterwards.