Chapter 5

“The very first thing about learning drums is you’ve got to have full concentration. Your whole body should be in sync and no other thought should evade your mind while playing. It’s just the rhythm, your mind, your control and the drums.” Adam looks at me. “You know the names of the parts?”

“I just know about the bass” I tell him.

Adam nods. "This one’s snear, tom toms, clapper, crash, side tom, symbol.” He points at different parts of the whole set.

“Now memorize them. Hit the ones I say the name of. This will give you a feel of them and will help you remember the names.”

Adam calls out the names of the different parts and I hit them with the stick. This goes on for a while till I don’t have to pause and look around.

“You’re pretty good!” He ruffles my hair. There we go again with the ruffling.

I wipe my sweaty hands on my jeans and smile.

“I try.” I shrug and get up.

Adam takes the sticks from me. “So what do you wanna do now?” he asks as he flawlessly flips the sticks in air and catches without even looking at them. Wow.

“Wait, that’s it?” I plop myself on the couch.

“We don’t wanna overdo ourselves. Let’s keep it simple for the first day.” He starts giving a simple beat.

“I’m a fast learner. I can take more than simple.” I tell him.

“I know you are. But it’s better this way.” He plays some beats and ends with long roll. Damn that’s so impressive.

Is it just me or do guys look hot when they play any kind of instrument, regardless of how their personality is?

~+~+~+~

Our moms aren’t back yet so we decide to make mac n cheese and play 20 questions to pass the time.

“You don’t even need to ask me that. Flynn Ryder, aka, Eugene Flitzenberg, forever and always my fictional crush.” I say cheekily.

Hearing this, Adam snickers and shakes his head.

“What?” I ask.

“That’s so clichéd.” He points his fork at me.

I shrug. “He’s got the charm no other guy will ever have.”

Adam rolls his eyes. “Yeah, sure. Anyone other than him? Maybe one your first fictional crush that is still present?”

I take a bite and try to recall.

“Oh yes! Four from Divergent series.” I sigh dreamily.

“That’s acceptable.” Adam nods.

“And why was Flynn not acceptable?” I raise my eyebrow.

“It’s just too common and too given. I’m sure there isn’t any girl who hates him.” Adam swallows and speaks.

“True, true.” I stretch my legs and keep them on Adam. My legs were starting to ache for keeping them folded for too long. It might be weird placing my legs on a guy’s lap I barely know but soon my legs will go numb and I hate it when that happens.

Adam looks at my legs and looks at me with a raised eyebrow. “Getting comfortable now, are we Pumpkin? You should have just accepted when I said that you are yearning to touch me in any way.” He smirks.

I roll my eyes. “I didn’t want to loose the sensation in my legs. I’ll move them if it’s too weird.”

I start to move my legs when he holds them and places them back on his lap. “I didn’t say anything about feeling weird. I don't mind. Plus, I wouldn’t want you to loose this opportunity of having a physical contact with me.” Adam winks.