Chapter 4

The worst part of having a big group of friends is you won’t ever agree on the same thing. Ever.

Picture this, Zac and Adam screaming ‘ZOMBIE APOCLYPSE!!!’, Jamie and Al snatching the remote and trying to scratch each other at the same time, me and Scott playing ‘Stone-Paper-Scissors’  and Scar searching movies on her phone and shouting the suggestions.

“GUYS! What about Annabelle?” Scar shouts.

“Is that the movie with that crazy possessed doll trying to kill the cute little harmless baby, because the doll has the soul of some voodoo doing girl?” Zac says in one breath.

“Thank you Zac for destroying the whole movie.” Scar rolls her eyes at him.

“Yeah, fine with me.” “No problemo.” “Okey-Dokey.” “Fine with me till someone gets the popcorn."

The last one was, of course, Al. As he says, everyone turns to me.

“Why?” I groan and get up.

“Maybe because this is your house?” Jamie yells from behind.

“And yet you know where my father’s secret candy stash is, not me.” I yell back.

“That's because you’re too dumb!!” Zac yells.

“Whatever.” I mutter.

When I get back, somehow mastering in carrying three humongous bowls flowing with popcorn, I find everyone settled, leaving only one place for me to sit, next to Adam. To my left is Jamie. On Adam’s right side, where the couch is situated, are Zac, Al and Scar and on the ground, in between the love seat and the couch is Scott.

This should be interesting.

~+~+~+~

We are half way through the movie and I have Adam, who looks like he would pee his pants any moment, squeezing my hand. On my left is Jamie, and if she shrieks one more time, my ears will seriously bleed, covering her eyes behind a small pillow. And here I am, not able to decide if I should laugh or cry. The movie isn’t bothering me as much as these two have been.

I glance at others and see Scott holding Zac's leg so tight, I think he’s going to cut off the blood circulation to that leg. And then there’s Al trying to calm Scar who’s on the verge of breaking down.

The movie ends with lot of shrieking, bleeding ears, popcorn bowls being thrown caused by jump scares and exchanging looks between me, Al and Zac for being so helpless.

~+~+~+~

 "Oh my God! Remember that part when she’s being dragged to the kitchen?" Jamie squeaks, her eyes wide.

"And remember when she's in the basement and all that happens after that? My heart stopped. Literally." Scar shudders.

"That girl was hot though." Scott speaks from where he’s currently laying on the ground.

"I don't think you saw her. You didn’t even see the movie. All you did was squeeze the life out of my leg." Zac frowns at Scott.

“Lily, would you mind showing me the way to the washroom?” I look up to see Adam biting his cheek.

He seems to be pale, probably from the movie. His eyes are wide and constantly searching his surroundings. His hand goes up and scratches the back of his neck. His lips wobble so lightly that you wouldn't notice if you weren't concentrating hard.

Wait.

I think he asked me something.

Yeah the washroom.