Chapter Ten

Blake:

The air outside is cold and bitter , it bites into my skin harshly making me shiver. My teeth chatter and I wrap my charcoal coat tighter around me , winter is finally here.
Christian opens my car door "Here baby." His own teeth chatter , I hop in quickly turning the heat to full blast. Charles sits in the front looking his normal emotionless self "Hello Charles." I try to break the awkward silence between us , Charles gives me a curt nod "Ma'am."

Christian climbs in next to me in the back seat "Ready Sir?" Charles asks putting the Audi into drive , Christian nods firmly smiling softly at me "Yes Charles."

We drive down a long windy road the trees move with the wind. Christian clasps my hand in his giving me a reassuring squeeze. Today I'm going to see my sister for the first time in months and she will be on her death bed. My emotions are up and down , I feel sadness , worry and dread mixed with a hit of happiness at the feeling of my sons kicking from inside me.
Christian kisses my cheek bringing me from my thoughts "Are you okay?" He murmurs looking deeply into my eyes , I shrug biting my lower lip. Christian nods understanding my unspoken words "It will be fine , you're so strong baby. Don't worry." I nod mutely and peer back out the window.

Thirty minutes later a small quaint White House comes into view , I gulp slightly feeling my palms begin to sweat. Christian gets out of the car first and comes around the SUV and opens my door giving me a soft smile "Ready baby?" The corners of my mouth perk up to resemble a smile "As I'll ever be." I step of the car slowly shivering against the bite of the cold air.
Christian wraps his arm around my shoulders and waves Charles off, Charles pulls out of the driveway smoothly disappearing down the road. I raise my eyebrows at Christian "He's leaving?" Christian nods and leads me up to the front door "Yes , he is going to be on call in case..." he trails off and I sigh "In case me and my mom try to kill each other?" I scowl knocking on the door sharply.

Christian kisses the side of my head inhaling my scent "I love you Blake don't forget that." He murmurs, I smile for the first time today and breath a sigh of relief.
A tall brunette with striking blue eyes and a preppy body answers the door , her eyes widen at Christian. Who is she? I try to remember her familiar face.... oh yes my sisters bitchy best friend. Great.
Carmen regards me cooly looking me over and pauses at my baby bump. "Blake nice to see you, come in." I smile and grab Christians hands pulling him to me then walking into the house.

The house is small inside but roomy enough for a couple of people. The walls are all a soft emerald color and the floors are dark hardwood , the smell of peaches make my mouth water. Carmen grins at Christian like a sly cat "Alpha, how nice to see you." Christian looks at her not interested "You as well." She bite her lower lip and glances back at me then gestures to my bump "How far along are you?" I smile rubbing a hand over my bump , the boys kick my hand "Four and a half months." Camren purses her lips then smiles softly "Congratulations, do you know the sex?" Her tone is envious , I nod and smile at Christian briefly.

"Two boys." Her mouth drops open and she gasps "Twins?" Camren mutters and her mouth twists into a frown "Yes." Christian answers sounding prouder than ever , I can't help but grin at him.

I hear the clinking the shoes and my mother appears wearing a flowery apron and she has flour on her hands. She grins when she spots me but her face falls slightly after she spots Christian. "Oh honey you're here with Christian." My mom spits the last part and I feel Christian tense. I grab hold of his hand once more to calm him , it works and he forces a smile "Carla pleasure to see you." My mom smiles a little brighter "You as well Christian."
I awkwardly stand beside my husband and my mother surprises me by enveloping me in her arms into a tight hug.

My baby bump gets in the way and she pulls back chuckling lightly "Oops sorry." Her hands touch my bump lightly , she grins at me "I'm having two grandsons huh?" I nod smiling softly , she must have heard Carmen and I. "Yes you are." Christian answers for me since I can't find my voice. My mom smiles at Christian surprisingly.