Chapter Twelve

Christian:

"What do you want?" I spit , rage begins to boil in my chest. "Oh alpha , come down." James's voice is sickly calm and I know instantly something is up. I jump out of bed and search for clothes to put on . "Tell me what you're up to." I murmur , pulling on a pair of dark wash denim jeans "I just wanted to say congratulations on your child with Blake , I didn't know she was pregnant." My scalp prickles , my child? I stop breathing , he knows Blake is pregnant how? "How do you know this?" I whisper , James chuckles darkly " I paid her a visit today , she looks stunning pregnant." "You stay the fuck away from her!" I snarl and rush out the bedroom in search of Charles , James laughs loudly "I'll see you tomorrow , friend." The line goes dead.

"FUCK!" I shout throwing the phone down on the couch , Charles rushes out from his room wearing a look of panic. "Alpha , what happened?" I scowl "Go get Blake and bring her back here , NOW!" I scream at him , he blanches but nods and runs out the house before i can blink. I pace for a few seconds , think Armstrong , fucking think! My wolf is snarling at me , an idea pops into my mind. I grab my phone and call Sean , he answers on the second ring "Hello?" There is a baby crying in the background "Sean , James found Blake. I want to attack tonight." The line is silent for a moment "SEAN?" I snarl my patience running thin "Yes , I'm here.... Christian we don't know where he is." I scowl running a hand through my hair "Send a tracker through the woods on the outer line of our property." Sean shuffles and I hear more crying in the background "Now?" I roll my eyes "YES NOW!" I shout into the phone before hanging up.

Blake is she safe? I wonder and call her , she answers on the first ring "Hi." Her voice calms me instantly , oh thank the moon god. I breathe a sigh of relief and decide not to tell what just happened "Baby, Charles is on his way for you." "What?" I hear splashing of water "Yes .. I decided you are safer with me." Please believe me . "Okay , I'll get my stuff together." The corner of my lips quirk up "Sounds good , see you soon." "Christian?" She sounds skeptical "Yes?' My voice wavers " I wish you would tell me what happened." My stomach drops , how does she know me so well? "I'll tell you when you get here." Blake sighs heavily but lets me slide "I love you." " And I you , be ready." I hang up and head for the pack house.

All the army is waiting in the formal living room of the pack , they all seem uneasy . "Alpha." they bow their heads in respect "I'm sure you are all uneasy about the situation and you have every right to be , but the bottom line is that my Luna and yours is in danger and it is our duty to protect her." Everyone nods their heads "Once the rogues scent is found we will follow and ambush them , I need everyone on high alert . No slacking , slacking will get you killed." Seth speaks up "What if there are more rogues then us , I mean there is only twelve of us." My stomach forms back into a knot "If there are more of them we will fight harder, I have no doubt we will succeed." I look around the room at everyone "Does anyone else have any concerns or questions?" They shake their heads no "Good , Sean!" I call and he is by my side in an instant "What is the status on our tracker?" "No scent yet." I scowl "Keep in contact with him." Sean nods "Will do Alpha."

Blake:

"Honey why the sudden rush to leave?" My mom hovers over me while I peer put the window waiting for Charles "Christian said he wanted me home." I can her my mothers sigh of disapproval "Do you always jump when he says so?" My stomach lurks to my throat "Mom not now." I scowl glancing at her over my shoulder. Thankfully she backs offs and heads into the kitchen to make tea or something , headlights of a SUV pull up and my stomach tightens. "Mom , Charles is here!" I call after her opening the front door and shivering when a cold gust of air hits my face. Charles is rushing towards me "Luna , let me take your bag." His teeth chatter against the cold and I realize he doesn't have shoes on , how odd. My mom embraces me in her arms and rubs a hand over my bump "Please call me before the babies are born , I would love to be there for their birth." I force a smile "I will , have grace call me." " I will."