Chapter 14

It was New Years Eve today and it was finally going to happen. Sam and I would have our first time. There was no way I could describe how nervous I was. Believe me the fireworks that would go off tonight couldn’t compete with the fireworks in my stomach. I was even too nervous to eat breakfast. Sam really had to pressure me to eat. It was 5PM and Josie dragged me into the city saying she’d need a dress for tonight’s party. When I asked her why she didn’t take Sam with her she only said that she’d wanted to get to know me better since she and Sam knew each other long enough. I felt like this was some kind of test, you know? The one where she’d find out if I was the perfect match for her best friend or not. So I agreed to go shopping with her. We’ve already been to five different shops but Josie didn’t find a dress she liked. Right now we were in some fancy Boutique with a ridiculously French name. I was sitting on a couch while waiting on Josie since she was in one of the changing rooms right now. She took three dresses with her. A black one with white stripes on each side, a wine red one with a black flower print from her right shoulder to where it ended at the middle of her left thigh and a simple blue one. All of them were strapless and too short for my liking. But if she liked it she should wear it. Easy as that. While waiting on her I was texting Josh. I’ve told him that I was shopping with Sam’s best friend and he immediately asked me stuff like “Is she hot? Does she have a boyfriend? If no then convince her to come here! You know I love blondes”. Horny little boy…

»So how do I look?« I raised my head as I heard her voice and as soon as I saw her my eyes grew wide. She was wearing the red one and it fit her figure perfectly. It harmonized with her lightly tanned skin color and really showed off her curves.

»You look great.« I said after looking at her. »I don’t think you’ll need to try on the others ones. This looks perfect.«

»Aw thanks!« She said checking herself out in the mirror. »But you’re so right. I look hot don’t I?«

»I think so.« I agreed with her. »Still not as hot as Sam though.« I grinned at her expression. She was faking to be hurt by my comment and stared at me in disbelief.

»How could you say that?!« She literally yelled. »And I was going to take you into the changing room with me! Puh!«

»Thanks, but no thanks.« I laughed at her.

»I hate you!« She acted liked she was crying now but failed miserably because she cracked up laughing herself. »Seriously. I’m glad you reacted like that. I don’t like cheating bitches.« She shrugged after the both of us calmed down.

»I’d never even think about cheating on Sam.« I said honestly.

»I’ll just go and change into my clothes so we can get out of here and grab a coffee. I want to talk to you some more. But first, could you maybe open the zipper for me? I don’t even know how I could close that god damn thing on my own.« She groaned. I opened it for her before she disappeared behind the curtain. After fifteen minutes we were walking out of the Boutique and went straight to a Café at the corner of the street she lived at. We ordered our coffees and started to talk. Well it was more like an interview. She practically bore holes into me with all those questions. »Do you think you’ll ever love someone except for Sam?« She asked me after a while and without any hesitation I gave her an answer.

»No. She’s the most amazing person I’ve ever met and the first one I’ve had such strong feelings for. And I don’t think I could ever forget her. She means just so much to me that it seems impossible for me to ever feel something for someone else but her. I definitely want to keep her forever. And if I have the chance to, I’ll marry her without hesitating. I want to spend the rest of my life with her and if she doesn’t want to she’ll have no choice. I won’t let her go.« I stated with a wink at the end.