Chapter 2

Chapter 2: friends?

Sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Sweet Virgin Mary, hurry up! My mothers is taking forever. We are at the school store 'where all uniforms must be purchased' I say snotty just like the lady behind the desk said it. I've gotten all my clothes. Our official school colors are burgandy and navy blue, but the colors we have to wear during school are burgundy, navy, tan, black and white. Black and white.yes. Every skirt, pants and shorts they have to offer I got. Don't even get me started on the shirts, we have polo shirts, button up shirts, blouses sweater vest, regular sweaters and more. I even got the hoodie, I love hoodies. Everything bought has to have to the school name on it 'Charleston high'.

"Mom can we go nowwww" Travis whines. "We've been out alll day" he whines even louder, he's right though we left the house by 8:00 and now it's almost 1, not all day but still a long time. "Who's the kid now" Kyle grin bringing back this morning. Travis just glares obviously not having a wise-ass comeback for him. "Travis, quit complaining" mom keeps looking through racks of clothes. He just groans and keeps quite. "Katherine what size shoe are you" my mom questions not bothering to take her eyes off of all the clothes and shoes. "8" I have no energy I didn't eat anything and I'm still tired. "Do you like these" she hold up these brown shoes they looks sperrys so I don't mind them, we have to wear either brown white or black shoes "there fine". She can tell I'm getting on edge because she quickly grabs them and heads to the check out.

"What do you guys what to eat for lunch" moms questions breaking the silence in the car. Wow silence, either hell has frozen over or we are all just really hungry and edge. "Anythinnnngg" a groaning Kyle states. "For real" Travis groans. "Well we are going through a drive through so choose". "Wendy's is good" I suggest. "Alright Wendy's it is".

***

When we got home I brought everything upstairs and jumped face first in my black and white comforter. After a short power nap I got up and decided to put my clothes on hangers and away. When I was done with that I put paper in my binder pencils and pens in the pouche and folders all in my brown leather backpack. It's 6 now and I know my mom will be calling for dinner soon, so I decided to just watch some tv. Putting on some random movie I zone out. Ugh I don't want to go to school tomorrow I mean school started a couple weeks ago in charleston but still a couple weeks is enough for people to clique. It's going to be so awkward. I'm a nice person I'm nice till you give me a reason not to be. It's hard for me to hide emotions on my face sometimes so if I don't like you, most likely you'll see it on my face. I can be a very friendly, kind loving person when I want to be. Don't take my kindness as weakness that's what I always say.

I was inturpted from my thoughts when by a soft knock on the door. "Honey..dinners ready" my mom pokes her head in. "You ok sweetheart" my mom coo's softly sitting down. "I know this moving thing might effect you but I know you will do great, you an amazing girl who couldn't love you" I smile at my mom she's such a good mom. "It's fine mom, let's go eat" grabbing her hand and dragging her downstairs. Normally I would have told my mom how I feel, but I don't want to make her feel guilty. I know how much she loves the country, she deserves this after being stuck in Florida her whole adult life because of her husband. My mom is such an warm hearted person she always thinks of others over herself, I'm so fourtent to have her.

*****

I set my alarm to 5:30 to wake up, that gives me enough time go get ready, get my brothers up, eat and drive to school to be on time. School starts at 7:20 and the drive to school is about 20 to 30 minutes. Laying in bed I snuggle up to my pillow and cacoon myself in blanket and think about how my North Carolina life will be. Oh dear god pray I make it.

*****

I didn't sleep much last night, no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't sleep. Given up on sleeping I lay in my bed. I have about 10 min before me alarm goes off. I decide to just look through my phone, looking through my picture gallery of all the memories of Florida. God how I miss my bestfriend Trisha that's reminds me I should call or video chat her later. I was interupted from my memories by my loud alarm clock, quickly turning it off and running into the bathroom and jumping into the shower.