Chapter 10-Polyjuice Potion

Draco was back in the Necessity Room, and he'd just learned a spell that tied people up. The spell, Incarcerous, didn't prove difficult, and once again, he was able to tie up the dummies with ease.

Why is it that he was able to do such advanced spells so easily? Was it his special wand? Draco decided he would ask Dumbledore the next time he saw him.

________________________________________________________

The Christmas feast had ended a while ago and Crabbe and Goyle were yet to show up to the common room so Draco went to go look for them. He didn't have to go far. When he saw them, he called out, "Crabbe, Goyle! Where have you two been? Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time?"

When he got closer, he saw something odd about Goyle. "Why are you wearing glasses?"

"Uh, um, reading," Goyle answered as he put the glasses away.

"Reading? I didn't know you could read."

Goyle nodded that he could, and Draco just shrugged, turning to find a certain ginger Gryffindor prefect approaching him.

"What are you doing down here, Weasley?"

"Mind your attitude, Malfoy," the red-head warned.

Draco sneered at Prefect Percy and shoved past him.

In the common room, Draco flopped onto a sofa. There was definitely something odd going on since Crabbe and Goyle stood in front of him and did nothing.

"Well, sit down," Draco told them and they obeyed. Usually, they would go to their room and let Draco nap in peace instead of just standing there. And since when did Goyle own reading glasses?

Then it clicked; the Polyjuice potion must be done and currently in use. To test this theory, Draco said, "You'd never know the Weasleys were pure-bloods, the way they behave. They're an embarrassment to the Wizarding world. All of them."

He saw "Crabbe" clenching his fist. Aha! So he must be Weasley and "Goyle" must be Potter since he had glasses.

"What's wrong with you, Crabbe?" Draco asked, feigning ignorance.

Draco saw Goyle elbow Crabbe before the latter answered, "Stomachache."

"You know," Draco said, trying to get Potter/Goyle to say something, "I'm surprised that the Daily Prophet hasn't done a report on all these attacks. I suppose Dumbledore is trying to hush it all up. Father always said Dumbledore was the worst thing that ever happened to this place."

"You're wrong!" Potter/Goyle yelled.

Draco looked up at him, surprised he couldn't control himself. He got up and towered over the two Gryffindors. He had to get them to say more. "What? You think there's someone here who's worse than Dumbledore?"

Weasley/Crabbe shook his head so Draco turned to Potter/Goyle. "Well? Do you?"

"Harry Potter?" Potter/Goyle offered.

Nice cover-up, Draco thought. He said, "Good one, Goyle. You're absolutely right. Saint Potter. And people actually think that he's the Heir of Slytherin!"

"But then you must have some idea who's behind it all," Potter/Goyle said.

This was obviously Potter's voice.

"You know I don't, Goyle. I told you yesterday. How many times do I have to tell you? Honestly, if you were any slower, you'd be going backwards." Draco said this fully aware that he hadn't spoken to Goyle on this matter and that he'd said that last sentence to Potter last year.