8.

Christen's POV
Alex wakes me up after an hour. "It's time to go! You excited?" I stretch and quickly put on my warm up. We get to the bus and coach talks for most of the bus ride. We arrive at the stadium, most of the girls being quiet and focusing. I shook my head and tried to focus, I just couldn't seem to control my anxiety today.
Tobin's POV
The game ended as a tie, 0-0. Jill points out several mistakes on the way back home but does not yell too much, knowing everyone is exhausted and stressed. We will not be having practice tomorrow for sure, but we will probably be watching film at some point. When we get back to the hotel, I head up to my room and sit on my bed watching Netflix. A quiet knock on the door interrupts my movie. I pause the movie, and head to the door. Christen is standing in front of me, nervously playing with her fingers.
"Hey. I'm really tired but Alex and Morgan are playing video games and they are being extremely loud. Can I sleep in here? Like just for a bit?"
"It's your room too, do whatever you want." I open the door wider and let her walk through .
She stands in the middle of the room. I walk by her and lay back down on my bed. She continues to stand there awkwardly.
"What's wrong?" I ask quickly.
Christen bites her lip. "Nothing, just tired." She walks to her bed and crawls under the covers.
Christen's POV
I wake up and see Tobin laying on her bed, holding her stomach. "What's wrong? Are you sick?" I ask, concerned about her.
"Nothing, my throat and stomach hurt and I'm really cold. I'm okay though. We gotta go to dinner in a few minutes anyways." I head to the bathroom and find a thermometer. I stick it in Tobin's mouth and move her hair out of her face. 102. I pull out my phone and text Jill. I smile. "We both got out of dinner, Jill said take some medicine and make sure you show up for film tomorrow."
She nods and shivers. "Here, let's get you in some warmer clothes and I'll give you some medicine and then you can sleep. Okay?"
Tobin nods and sits up. I head to the dresser and pull out some sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I go to my half of the dresser and pull out a pair of warm fuzzy socks. "Here I'll help you." I carefully pull off her tang top and put her sweatshirt on her. She groans and lays back down. "I'm too tired."
"Okay okay, can I put them on you then? Cause you won't be comfortable in those jeans." I say nervously.
"Um yeah sure." Tobin says, her face already heating up. I gently unbutton her jeans and slide them down, getting a little help from Tobin as she wiggles out the rest of the way. By the time her sweatpants are on she is already half asleep. I bend down and slip my fuzzy socks onto her feet. She yawns. "Thanks." I head to the bathroom and find some medicine in the cupboard. Heading back into the bedroom, I hand Tobin the medicine. She takes it quickly as I sit down on her bed and kiss her forehead. "Feel better."
"Christen, I don't want you to get sick. Maybe you shouldn't get so cl-" I roll my eyes before leaning over and crashing our lips together. "Does it look like I care?" Tobin's eyes widen in shock. "Woah, what happened to space?"  I laugh. "Look, I'm sorry about that. I was afraid and I thought that would be easier but it wasn't. I'm so sorry."
"It's fine, I just didn't want to be invading your space or anything." Tobin says with half closed eyes.
"But I kissed you. You're the one with the right to mad." She shrugs and touches her lips, slightly blushing. I smile and peck her lips. "Go to sleep, okay? I'll wake you up soon and get you some food." She nods and falls asleep almost instantly.
My phone buzzes and I quickly open up the new text from Alex.
Alex: why weren't you guys at dinner? Were u guys making out?
Christen: NO we were not. Why do u always say that??? She's sick, that's all.
Alex: and you aren't laying on her bed with her???
I quickly get off Tobin's bed and sit on mine.
Christen: actually no I'm not...can I help u with anything else?
Alex: sorry. I'll leave u alone now. But hey, just to let u know, Tobin never sleeps for more than like ten minutes when she's sick unless u cuddle with her.
Christen: ya right, stop teasing me
Alex: no I'm actually not kidding...if ya don't believe me txt her mom, want her number?
Christen: ugh stop it
Alex: okay okay fine...love u both, give Tobin a hug for me when she wakes up.
I sigh and put my phone down. I brush out my hair and put it up in a ponytail. Tobin starts to toss and turn and I begin to question if Alex was being serious. I roll my eyes and grab a book, laying down on the floor. A few minutes pass before Tobin sits up. "I can't sleep." She turns on the tv and I put my book down, getting up and sitting beside her. "Are you hungry yet?" She shrugs. "Only a little." I get up and head downstairs. When I get back upstairs, Tobin is holding a small stuffed animal. I laugh as I bring her the soup. "Whatcha got there?" I ask.
She blushes but continues to hold the stuffed rabbit to her chest. She eats the soup slowly while I play with her rabbit and watch Pretty Little Liars. Tobin eats about half of the soup before placing it down and looking at me holding her rabbit. She giggles and says "it does look funny" before laying down and looking at the tv. We watch in silence for fifteen minutes before I notice Tobin staring at me with sleepy eyes. She smiles shyly and blushes. "Do you need your rabbit back to go to sleep?" I ask her.  She shakes her head but scoots a little closer. I hand her the rabbit and open up my arms. She tilts her head to the side and looks at me questioningly. "Go ahead."
Tobin smiles and lays right next to me. She lays her head against my chest and holds her rabbit tightly. She yawns. "Thanks for everything." Tobin says. "You're welcome. How are you going to pay me back?" I say with a smirk. She looks up and smiles. "What do you want?" I continue to smirk. "Kiss me." Her eyes widen and she laughs, before she sits up and softly pecks every part of my face except for my lips. She quickly pecks my lips before laying back down and hiding her face in my chest. "That was too quick." I pout. Tobin laughs but shakes her head. "I'm sick."  I groan and she continues to laugh. She places her hand on my thigh and draws circles, smirking. I playfully glare. "Tobin, stop it! You're such a tease!" I stick my tongue out at her. She giggles before falling asleep with her hand still on my thigh.