Chapter 2

Rita paced back and fourth in the den frantically. It has been thirty minutes since Hugo left the den to search for the source of the loud noise, and Rita was getting worried. Remembering what Hugo said about her stress, she sat down and began breathing in and out as slowly and as calmly as she could. She had to remain calm. Her stress was very bad for her pregnancy. For three minutes, Rita thought about Hugo.

What had happened to him? Is he in trouble? Is he hurt!? Or worse...?

Rita didn't want to think about her beloved being hurt or suffering. But then, to Rita's relief, Hugo was calling outside.

"Rita! I'm back! And I got someone to meet you." Hugo hollered. Rita bolted out of the den and leaped on Hugo, embracing him in her arms and kissing his cheeks and forehead constantly.

"Thank heavens you're back!! I was getting worried! Are you hurt, Hugo?!" Rita beamed out, checking Hugo entirely for any cuts, bruises, or scratches.

"Rita, I'm fine, really." Hugo consoled with Rita.

"Well, okay then..." Rita replied. Then she softly pushed Hugo onto the grassy floor.

"You scared me bad! I thought you got seriousky wounded or... Just don't scare me like that again, Hugo!" Rita said, in a huff. Hugo got up and plopped down beside her, and wrapped a arm around her shoulder. Rita embraced him once more.

"Well, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be so peachy." Hugo suddenly said, drawing Rita's attention.

"Wait, who?" Rita asked, turning to him. At that moment, Grimlock walked out of his hiding spot, accidentally knocking a few trees down with his tail. He tried to stand them up, but to no avail. Rita sat there, her mouth agape and her eyes wider than dinner plates. Grimlock waved a hand and smiled a toothy grin.

"Hey there. Im a new friend of your mate. Im Grimlock, pleasure to meet you." Grimlock said, introducing himself. Rita looked at him and then at Hugo and then back at the Dinobot.

"Uh... Uh.. H-Hi.... I'm... R-Rita...." Rita stammered, gawking at the metal T-Rex for a good minute before speaking up again.

"Ahem, could you excuse us for a moment, please?" Rita spoke up.

"Sure, no problem." Grimlock replied, plopping down on the ground. Rita pulled Hugo into the den, and gave him a stern look.

"Hugo, what is THAT?!" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Rita, its okay. He saved my life from a big metal purple monster. He's nice." Hugo replied.

"He looks like a monster himself!" Rita argued. Her face softened as she softly rubbed Hugo's cheek with her paw.

"What if he turns on you? I don't want to lose you, especially now that the kits will arrive in a week... I don't know what I'd do without my cutie-pie." She said in a sweet, loving tone, continuing to rub Hugo's cheek. He placed his paw on hers, giving Rita a warm smile.

"It's okay, Rita. Grimlock's not some fierce monster like the other one. If he saved my life, then, how bad can he be?" Hugo said, now holding Rita's paws in his. Rita sighed, and went outside, followed by Hugo. Grimlock had busied himself with flicking a rock in the air with his tail. He turned his head towards the couple as they walked up towards him.

"Well, Grimlock, it is nice to meet you. What brings you here to the forest, anyway?" Rita asked, sitting down next to Hugo.

"Truth is, I was on patrol with my team when we got ambushed by Decepticons. Me and the Underbite were duking it out when we fell off a cliff and got separated from our teams." Grimlock explained.

"Wait, what are Decepticons?" Hugo asked.

"I'm glad you asked!" Grimlock said, sitting down.