Chapter 3

Grimlock began explaining in explicit detail about the Alchemor and how it had crash-landed on Earth.

"There was this big prison ship called the Alchemor that had carried a bunch of prisoners on board. For some reason, it crashed on this planet, releasing all of the prisoners." Grimlock said, scratching his head hesitantly.

"I will be honest, I was actually one of the prisoners locked up in the ship... But, after I got out, I joined up with a squad of Autobots to recapture the escaped prisoners. Me and my new team have been stopping Decepticons from taking over Earth ever since." Grimlock explained. Rita and Hugo were amazed at the explaination.

"Wow, you must have a pretty cool job." Rita said.

"The best job in the world!" Grimlock said with excitement. At that moment, Zig and Zag arrived, holding really long sticks and wearing what appeared to be makeshift leaf armor. Hugo and Rita had to force themselves to stop giggling from looking at the silly sight.

"H-H-HOLD IT RIGHT THERE, YOU BIG... METAL... THING...! WE CAME TO... uh... Drive you from our forest!" Zig stammered, waving his feeble weapon at the metal T-Rex. Grimlock looked at Hugo, sharing a confused and bored expression with each other.

"Who are these guys?" Grimlock asked.

"Friends of mine. They're probably still afraid of you." Hugo replied. Grimlock turned to the poorly armed monkeys and bent down, leveling his head to their bodies. Zig and Zag trembled, dropped their weapons, and clutched each other, awaiting their doom. Grimlock smirked and lifted his arms in a silly fashion. And then he uttered a big, loud "BOO!!". The two primates yelped and scampered up a tree, screaming all the way. Hugo couldn't hold it in anymore and burst out laughing, along with Rita. Grimlock joined in, rolling on the floor in a hysterical stroke of kicking and laughing. Zig and Zag popped their heads out of the bushy growth of the trees, scowling at them

"Hey! Whats so funny?!" Zag questioned, crossing his arms. Hugo wiped a tear from his eye and sat up, still chuckling.

"Hahaha.... You guys... He's joking! Grimlock's okay, he's not gonna hurt us." Hugo said, before succumbing to another fit of laughter. Zig looked at his brother then rolled his eyes, retreating to the upper canopy of the trees.

"Whatever, we're gonna go get something to eat. Later!" Zig hollered as he and Zag leaped into another tree in the distance.

***

It becoming nightfall, and soon, the nocturnal predators began roaming around the forest. Hugo snuggled up to Rita inside the den, who also began to snuggle up to him as well. Grimlock had made a makeshift cave right next to their den, and gathered Energon cubes to sustain him when needed. Today was a day of surprises, but one more was about to occur. As Rita was just about to fall asleep, she felt slight kicking. She rubbed her belly and shook Hugo awake quickly.

"Hugo, Hugo! The kits are kicking!" She exclaimed excitedly. Hugo gently placed his head on Rita's stomach, and he too felt the kicking. He smiled warmly and looked at Rita, whom was looking at him happily. In maybe less than two weeks, Hugo and Rita will become parents, and neither can hardly wait. After all they have been through, they deserved to be happy and blessed with a family. Hugo was more than happy to be a father, and he hoped he would be a good one.