2.08

Everything happens for a reason.

Hermione knows that. But sometimes, she couldn’t help but wonder what the reasons are.

You wouldn’t believe the things that happened in such a small amount of time. With new answers given to Hermione, she was also given a new chance.

A chance to fix whatever mistake she made in the past. And the chance was given to her one week after the ball.

The home was empty as she arrived from work. It was the usual and it doesn’t bother her anymore. The week has been a busy week for her for she was making attempts to talk to Draco.

But it was always a coincidence that when Hermione attempts to talk to Draco, something very important comes up. Much more important than her.

But then she remembers that he has forgotten her.

However, it’s not yet too late.

She could still make the things they could have been, a reality.

The creaking of the door took her away from her thoughts as she entered their bedroom. In the corner of her eye, however, she saw a piece of paper in the bedside table with a name written on top of it.

Hermione

It was Ron’s handwriting so she quickly opened it and read it.

Hermione,

I have something to tell to you. I’m very sorry for being mean to you lately. It’s just that I can’t help it. I’ve read it somewhere that it is a werewolf sickness and it is getting a lot worse because of stress. It’s just that, you chose me because of pity. You may think I’m wrong, but believe me… It’s the only thing I’m right.
So I decided to leave so that I’ll no longer be a burden to you. I know you love the ferret and I know he loves you too. I was stupid to come back. I didn’t realize what I have done until I overheard you talking to the house elf. I’m very sorry to ruin your relationship with Malfoy so along with this letter, there is also a divorce paper. I want you to be happy. Go be happy with the one you truly love.
I’m already happy knowing that once in your life, you also loved me. Thank you for staying with me after all these years. Remember that I love you.

xRon

The paper already has tears stain on it after she finished reading it. There was indeed a divorce paper along with the letter and she cried even more.

After all her efforts to keep their relationship, it still ended with a piece of paper.

But she couldn’t be happier. She’s free to finally return to the one she loves.

The only question now is will he accept him back?