Chapter 24

Isabella walked into the castle but was stopped when a voice called out, "Wait, Isabella." She turned around and saw that it was Arthur. She tried to continue walking but her arm was caught by him, he turned her around. She kept her gaze on the floor. He sighed and lifted her head, forcing her to look into his eyes. His ice blue eyes.

"I am sorry, Sire but I cannot talk at the moment I have to meet Merlin in Gaius' room." She said, in a desperate attempt to get rid of him.

"Isabella I have told you, call Arthur." He said to her, his hand still on her arm.

"Alright Arthur, call me Izzy, it's easier than saying Isabella all the time." She smiled at him, turning to leave. But again his voice stopped her,

"I could accompany you to Gaius and merlin, if you wouldn't mind?" she turned around and looked at him, he was sheepishly looking at the floor. She giggled at little then looked at him with her soft eyes.

"Oh course you can Arthur." Together they started walking towards Gaius' room.

Arthur and Isabella walked side by side, Arthur was trying his best not to grab her hand as they walked so closely to each other. He turned to look at her and then said, "Izzy, where are you and Merlin going?"

She looked at him and said, "We are going to see someone." He nodded his head, and was quiet for a while until he said, "Why does Merlin have to go?"

She looked at him and said, "Merlin, might be the only one who can talk to the lady we are going to see. He might also be able to protect me against the creatures in the forest."

Arthur stopped in his tracks when she said that, Isabella noticed this and turned around, to find Arthur looking at her, with his hands on his hips. Arthur's face showed pure jealousy.

"How, would Merlin be able to protect you against the beasts in the forest? The boy can't even protect himself are you sure that he would be able to protect a pretty lady like you

"How, would Merlin be able to protect you against the beasts in the forest? The boy can't even protect himself are you sure that he would be able to protect a pretty lady like you." He paused and thought about what he could possibly say. He started walking towards her while saying, "I could protect you far more than Merlin could."

She was becoming extremely nervous as Arthur moved closer towards her. He almost looked like he was stalking his prey, and she was his prey. Her heart started racing as he neared her.

(Just pretend that he is in the hallway and not in his room)

She had her hands in front of her, and when he reached her he took one of them in his warm ones saying, "I could protect and look after you more than he could ever do." His words turned to whispers at the end.

He leaned forward and his head got closer and closer to hers, his lips closure to hers at the same time. Isabella realized that he was going to kiss her in the middle of the hallway. As he got closer and leaned in towards her, she made a quick move and managed to move away from him.

She stood completely still, still shaking and heart racing. He turned around and looked at her. She looked down and said, "I am sorry Arthur but I cannot do this, in the middle of the hallway where anybody can see us. I really need to get to Merlin now. Goodbye Arthur."

She made a move to go past him and as she past him, he gently gripped her arm and she looked at him.

"Please look after yourself. I know you trust Merlin, so do I. But just be careful."

She nodded and turned to leave and he let go of her arm but before she disappeared he called out to her,

"Izzy, when you return I would like to see you in my chambers."

She looked at him and nodded before disappearing around the corner. Arthur sighed and starred at the place where had been standing not very long ago. He turned around and made his way to the kitchen and then to Gwen.

He had a plan and she was going to help him. He was going to get what he wanted and he was going to put his plan into play today when Isabella returned to Camelot....