Chapter 14

Loyalty

|Viola|

It's been about a day since William's left. I miss him and he did leave me at a vulnerable state.

I still had some loyal & trustworthy young help. I phoned their home and the triplets came by for Phillip.

I who had nothing to wear sent Cordila to get me some clothes since her fashion sense was better than them all in general.

She dropped off the photos from me at my birthday party 4 days before.

I watched as the girls cooed at 4 day old Phillip and kissed him

I lit a cigarette and tried to relax. What was I spoused to do? Im homeless now and I can't get access to Willies money.

Phillip and I should be in a comfortable bed resting for a good three months, not up and about.

I was afraid he was going to get sick being out so early. I looked at the photos.

I got dressed in a chiffon dress and took my bun out and let my natural curls sit on my shoulders.

"I'm going out

"I'm going out..." I said before walking out the hotel room. I walked out the hotel in hopes to get money from the bank.

Then I heard faint calls of

"Extra Extra William and Viola Truser dead in bomb with the beloved baby!"

So now I'm dead? I'm must really lay low. I placed my hands in a way to cover my eyes.

I walked up to Main Street and saw a boy around 6 selling the paper.

I bent down to his level and spoke firmly.

"How much have you sold?"

"Uh maybe 30 mam."

"Good." I said getting up and walked past a group of men sitting against a store playing cards.

Who plays cards this early in the morning? I continued to smoke and walked into the bakery I once owned less than 48 hours ago.

I keyed the inside and walked in.

I went behind the register and took the money in there placing in into my purse.

I walked into the kitchen and took cakes and sweets and milk I placed it in a bag when I heard voices.

"But the broad is dead why we gotta blow up half the damn street?!"

"Shut up Dino! We don't know but we blowing this shit up too for the boys."

I heard footsteps coming closer I crawled under the baking table and looked at the steal exit to the back.

I made a run for it.

When I got around the front I saw a group of men in front of a buggy in all black. They were obviously mourning.

I walked causally in front of them trying not to cause a scene.

"Damn look at the thighs on that." a recognizable voice said. but there was a accent so I didn't look back.

"C'mon Luca stop fucking with the dark meat, one of them shot family and you thinking bout black pussy." I heard a older man say.

I was on a whole notha block when I saw him again. Jack.

I was excited to see him but I did blow him off yesterday.

I wasn't in the mood for talking anyways.I walked past him and continued on my way.

|William|

It wasn't Ida but Mercy (multimedia) She had a short hair cut that slimed her face and toned it.

She looked more mature and grown. I didn't notice I was licking my lips in taste until she spoke.

"Ughhh Willie are you just gone stand there and not hug me?!?" she squealed

She ran from behind the counter and ran into my arms.

She wore a simple loose dress that fit her curvy body well.

"Where's Viola?!?" she asked looking behind me.

"Left her in Harlem." I stated dryly.

"Oh well welcome back." she continued cheesing.

She looked amazing and I was wondering why the hell didn't I run off with her? then it came back to me she is a hoe.

She finally rang up my coke and I downed it down quickly. I was thirsty.

"C'mon there's revival you should come with me." she said fixing her shoes.

"Uh i don't know I had a long night and journey."

"You lazy bum lets go." she said taking me by my hand and dragging me behind her.

Giving me a nice view of her thickness.

The burgundy gown complemented her skin tone so well.

We walked to a tent filled with hollering.

I got scared and tensed up. I sat in the back while she took a seat with the women of the church. I looked around and created a shell round myself.

I clenched my jaws and gripped the Coca Cola bottle I got earlier tightly.

She occasionally looked back at me to check and give me a million dollar smile.

All I could do was blush. After service we walked to her house. She was only a year younger than me and plated a nice southern home cooked meal.

I dug in and filled my mouth. I was starving.

"Damn negro doesn't Viola cook?" She said in a playful tone.

"Don't talk about her like that" I spat with my mouth full.

She gave the 'oh okay' look.

"You take the couch?" She asked washing my plate.

"Yeah". I said with a smirk