Chapter 1

Viola

After choir practice ended I decided to hang out for a little while there was really nothing to do at home but swat flies.

I walked against the dirt road and into the towns convenience store will all types of candy.

"Hello miss Viola" said Henley such a creep he is around 30 light skin attractive but not my cup of tea

He has a bad vibe to him...i heard stories of him forcing himself on girls or leading them on.

"Hi" I said dryly and walked into the store.

Mama always blind and she never saw the typa harm creeps like that can do to your daughter.

She always wants me to hug him or speak to him like I'm a child, I am but more kiss ass in a way.

There was even one time mama wanted me to sit on his lap at the family cook out. She sometimes parades me around him as if I'm some show.

Mercy was more like me she had an appeal to her she was short like me darkskinned and had a back side for days.

Her thighs were large and had long black wavy hair. She was part Indian.

"Hey !"I said looking at the chewing gum in the glass containers.

"Well isn't it miss bad gal." said Mercy with a stank look on her face.

"Now what would make you say such a thing?" I said placing my hand on my chest all innocent.

"Well I know you don't think I'm blind I caught you and Willie making eyes in the church." Mercy said looking at the sweet taffies.

"I have never even spoke a word to him" I said in all honesty.

"I didn't say that but....here's your chance" Mercy said with her head turned towards the door as he walked in with two other boys in our choir.

They didn't notice we were in the store so I quickly took it upon myself to notify Mercy.

"I'm not saying anything! my mama would kill me. She doesn't even know I'm here." I said in a harsh whisper.

I quickly turned away from her hoping to get out this situation and fast.

I hurried and took my pack of chewing gum and walked out of the small isle and up to the register.

"2 cents" the woman behind the counter said.

I handed her two coins and made my way to the door. But not before Wilkie stopped me.

"Hey..." He said in a shy yet firm tone. I never knew how deep his voice really was.

My insides began to melt.

"Hi" I said with a shy smile.

"So are we gonna continue this eye contact relationship or are we going to have a real one?" He asked chuckling to himself.

"Well William" I said calling him by his real name. "I never knew we were in a relationship period." I said challenging him with my sassy tone.

"Hey look I'm sorry,I don't mean any trouble." he said with a defensive manner and with a smile growing across his face.

"So?" He asked again but now his dimples had sunk in as he waiting for an answer.

"Um I'll think about it" I replied honestly.

I had to keep myself leveled and make sure I wouldn't get into trouble for our tiny conversation.

"you think about it okay? don't keep me waiting." he said brushing my cheek.

He was soo tall all I could do was just stare up at him.

"Ok" I said with a tiny smile.

I walked out out the store with a huge grin on my face.

I walked all the way home day dreaming and just in a marvelous mood. 

I reached my way and into the back door of my small house to find my mother sitting at the table reading her bible scriptures.

"Viola!" she said without taking her eyes away from the book.

"Yes'm?"

"Come here and sit" she said Calmly...which was strange for my mother of all people.

I slowly walked over to the table sat down and she had a worry some look on her face.

"Baby, your gonna be married to Henley" she spat out.

I sat there in disbelief in straight silence. That statement had whipped of all of my emotions.

"So me and the prayer warriors are gonna be praying for y'all" she said attempting to calm me down,

I just sat there watching her as her reading glasses stopped at the tip of her nose and her eyes never leaving the page.

I didn't know what to do,what to say,or how to say it.

I was paralyzed. At the thought of that man. He gave me the chills. I never had a good feel on him.

This wasn't going to be the life chosen for me.
___________________

So I've realized I have a couple readers what you guys think. please comment ! & vote

-Mia