Chapter 3

Viola

As soon as I had left willie I was greeted by Mr. Henley at my front porch.

My mother had a cup in hand and seem delighted to se me yet angry.

"Girl don't you know you are a bride now? You can't be out here with your little frilly friends!"

I remained silent and waited for what was to come next.

Mr.Henley came over to me and kissed me on my inner mouth. And he began to grin extremely hard.

Well it was that simple he arrived with a license for his 3 chickens and said "i do" to my mother before I had even came back home.

He kissing me was like the shake of hands in an agreement. Once I had realized everything going on I began sobbing.

I wanted to die I swear I did I had totally forgotten the plan me and William came up with.

My mom began roughly rubbing my back attempting to soothe me but actually made it worse.

From the corner of my eyes I saw my bag already packed and him loading them up on his horse.

My mom told me "the secret to a happy life is keep him satisfied and fed." Not even an I love you or an ill come by and see you.

I got on still sobbing and dying inside. I could no longer keep it in and I began screaming like I was at a funeral.

The ride was short and as he was helping me off he shook me.

"Get that crying under control, I is your mans now, you will listen to what I say, not cut it out."

I did just that I stopped and I wiped my eyes. And followed him into his house.

It was already dinner time, and I quickly fixed something up. I ate in such a hurry, and later regretted that.

He told me we was married people now and that we do married people thangs. I unpacked my bags and found a nighty in there.

She couldn't have been serious, she wanted me to sleep with this man. I washed up and laid on the bed completely ignoring him.

"Nah I ain't gonna force ya, but I rather you join in"

I groaned and told him I was feeling sickly and that I wasn't in any shape to be doing any of the things he wanted to do.

Today was the day I was leaving and I wasn't going to stick around for nobody.

It was the break of dawn when I crept out of bed and washed my self. Threw on a dress, brushed up my curly hair then tightened it with a ribbon.

I occasionally looked back to see if he was still sleep. And of course the fat pig was.

I heard a fake "bird call". I quickly grabbed my things and ran for my life!

It was a light blue meaning it was maybe 5:30 in the morning

I ran into his arms well the waist of William since huge height difference.

We didn't have anytime to speak but we spoke through our eyes and I was filled with happiness and worry.

This was weird to think the guy I've been crushing on in Sunday school was gonna be the man I runaway with. I threw my things along side his in the wagon and we got on.

"We'll be taking a train down to Harlem." He said overly excited with his eyes wide & dimples deep.

"Harlem?" I asked confused I didn't know we were headed down north.

"Yeah" he said in the light sexy chuckle, "I sent mercy to tell you these things" he added.

Telling by my facial expressions he added on "I should of known she wasn't gonna do it."

"Well it doesn't matter" I said stating the truth. "all that matters is that I'm with you." I continued on.

With that being said he placed his hand on my thigh as I placed my hands on top of his.

Willie

I can't believe she came. I knew there was something about her that gave me butterflies & a hard on.

To be completely honest but it was probably her smile and eyes or her thick thick bottom half. She was shaped like a cola bottle.

I drove the wagon into the city to the train station. I looked over and I watched her sleep.

Something about the way she slept told me she hadn't slept for days.

Her peach fuzzy blonde hairs that covered smooth chocolate face made me wanna kiss her all over.& her button nose oh how I remember the first time I saw her.

I mean I had always knew her but once she started growing up into the woman she was in midst of becoming.

She was singing in the choir. When she made eye contact with me and our eyes locked.

Now I am embarking on a new journey with her. And I'm excited to know all there is to Viola.

-------

I don't know if I should continue knowing you guys dont comment or anything.