Heaven By Your Side

"I like you Edward.. matagal na..", Heaven confessed to me May over coffee. She was holding my hand with a firm grip that I can't let go. I was not saying a thing. It felt surreal. "Nung nakita kita ulit Edward I feel something pa rin. It feel like I have loved you since sa big brother house pa", she said to me over and over. I have to tell you this eventually May kasi I want you to know, even though this e-mails I have for you will never be sent to you.

"But Heaven..it's just infatuation..", I explained to her. But she darted her eyes on me and said again that she has feelings for me. "I like you Edward..", she said again she stood up seated beside me and hugged me tight that people around us were taking photos.

"But I like someone else Heaven.,", I answered honestly. She pulled out. "Ha? sino ba yan?", she slightly exclaimed. I did not answer instead I stood up payed the bills and walked away like a true gentleman. I drove another twenty minutes just to reached you in your apartment. When I arrived I noticed someone else's car outside your house. I hurriedly went inside to see who it was and to my surprise si Kuya Luis pala. Both of you were shocked to see me as I entered the door. "Hala ka diha!", you exclaimed hard like nakakita ka nang multo. "Uy! pare halika pasok!", kuya Luis invited me in like he owns your place. Shit.

I entered awkwardly sitting beside you in the sofa while your boylet was cooking food for you. Paktai na! grabe ka pasikat siya bai! "What is he doing in your kitchen Maymay?", I asked you starring you hard in the eyes while I ninja-ly (is this even a word? hahahah) looped my arn around your neck secretly feeling you close to me.

"Aray ko Edward! hala ka nagluto lang naman siya para sa akin!", you squeeled like a ten year old na kinikilig sa kanya. "Why? can't you cook for yourself?", I was a bit irritated na. "Grabe bai! syempre makaluto man ako pero iba man pag nag offer si Kuya Luis so ayon pinagluto ko na! stay ka dito ha dito tayo kumain!", like you were making me jealous or something. I was quite for a while. "Hoy! akala ko ba may date kayo ni Heaven?", you asked with a brow arched.

"Ah si Heaven ko.. she has something to do pa daw..", shit! ba't ko ba nasabing Heaven ko??? Dala ba ng jealousy ko? Paktai na bai! and I noticed your facial expression changed for a second and then you stood up poured a lemon drink and swoved it to your throat five times like it was tequila. "Maymay? okay ka lang?", kuya Luis asked you with so much concern. Sus! pasikat talaga!

" Oo kuya Luis. Okay lang. Happy nga ako kasi si Edward na pala't si Heaven!", you said throwing daggers at me. Wait! you misunderstood everything May! Walang kami! "Oh really! congrats bro!", kuya Luis sarcastically shooked my hand. We were still locking our gaze hard. "Paano ba yan Edward.. so pwede ko na ring angkinin si Maymay? ", that Luis said confidently that I kicked his sorry ass in my mind.

He was smiling ear to ear.
You were dropping jaws.
And I was playing last Samurai in my mind and chopped Luis into pieces. It was not Heaven that I want. It's the one who makes me feel heavenly when I'm beside her that I really want. It's you Maymay..

Edward..