Chapter 3: Which way did she go?

(Leon's POV)
My beautiful niece. Gone. It's all my fault. I thought I had left that behind. I thought surely it would never find me here. Or find her. I could start fresh. No one would know the old Leon. The ghost of my brother and our past would disappear and leave me be. The past Leon who hurt so many people. I lied to Rachel, I lied to McKenna. I sit there pondering as cops are swarming about us. Asking questions and observing the crime scene.

"Is the deceased a friend of yours?"

My thoughts are interrupted by the officer, "Yes sir, a good friend."

"The victim that was kidnapped, you said she was your niece?"

"Is."

He sighs, "I'm sorry sir, is?"

I couldn't hold back the tears. I wanted my girl returned home, safely. I know what kind of men they are. I never thought it would find her here. I only have myself to blame, and him. Jericho.

"Yes, she's my niece."

"I'm going to need names and any possible locations you think she might have been taken to."

The officer sits me down on the stairwell. I hesitate. Giving him information could bring some skeletons from the closet. Skeletons I wasn't ready to face.

He takes a seat next to me. "I know this a difficult time for you Mr.Royce, but we have a deceased person and another kidnapped. You must think of your niece. She needs you."

I glance at Rachel across the room, sobbing into my mom's arms. I have to protect my family, even if it means outing my old one. My mother nods her head telling me it's okay, bring her home. My father wouldn't had agreed had he still been alive. That life is the reason he lost my mother. His family came second to it. I look to my left and recognize one of the people walking around as an undercover informant for the Diavoli Forti. He was eyeballing me intently and listening in on my conversation with the officer. I look him directly in the eyes as I dare to let the next words escape my lips...

"The person who took her, is Tony Morati. He's an old friend I knew through my brother who's whereabouts have been unknown for more than 15 years."

He shakes his head in disapproval as he pulls out his phone to make a call.

Currently... (McKenna's POV)

"What the fuck is this?", I stare at the tin building in front of me.

"This is a hangout and fine dining. One of the lower end endorsements of the Diavoli Forti.", Tony smirks.

"It's disgusting..", I say with a horrified look on my face.

Tony grabs me by the arm and yanks me inside. A cloud of cigarette smoke and cheap perfume hit me. I almost vomit at the smell. There was women walking around everywhere with patches of cloth for clothes. Some of them looked like they've been making out with clowns in the back room.

"This is a nightmare", I scoff.

"Hey Tony, long time no see." A girl walks up wearing what appears to be a pink bikini in silver diamond heels. Her blonde hair looked like it hadn't been brushed in days and her pantyhose had a run from her knee to her ankle.