prologue

"I could get used to this," Athena says smiling

"I could get used to this," Athena says smiling. Her and Jasper we're currently sat in her garden, cuddling while sat on a blanket. The pair had spent as much time together as possible for the past couple of days. Jasper's mating instincts had driven him to be as close to her as possible. He refused to let her go after what had happened with James.

"Me too. I love you." He truly did love the brunette. He wanted to spend the rest of his existence with her and wanted to make her his. He wanted everyone to know that she was his and he was hers. He was protective of her. He hated the way that guys looked at her and hated the lustful feelings they had for her.

They soon feel into a comfortable silence, wrapped in each others embrace. Neither had to say anything. They loved being in each others presence and they didn't have to say anything to communicate. The wind was slightly picking up so Athena closed her eyes and took in the breeze.

"Marry me?" Jasper suddenly asked the brunette, showing her greatly.

"What?" Athena loved Jasper but she didn't think he would ask her to marry him so soon. She wanted to spend forever with him and knew it didn't matter when he asked her to marry him as she would say yes no matter what. He was her everything and nothing could change that.

Jasper grinned, "I'm serious. I want to spend the rest of my existence with you. You mean the world to me. You're not just my mate, you're my best friend and partner. I know it might be soon but I can't wait. I want the world to know you're mine, darling. Athena May, will you do me the honour of marrying me?" He pulled out a red box, opening it to reveal a beautiful ring.

 Athena May, will you do me the honour of marrying me?" He pulled out a red box, opening it to reveal a beautiful ring

The ring looked absolutely gorgeous and Athena couldn't help the tears that brimmed in her eyes. She was speechless and couldn't find the words to describe how she felt. She looked up at her mate to find him grinning at her. He looked at her like she was his whole world and couldn't help but giggle.

"Yes. God, yes." The pair laughed lightly as Jasper placed the ring on her ring finger. He kissed her knuckles lightly as she whipped the tears from her cheeks. Jasper admired the brunette before kissing her. Their lips moved in sync before Athena broke the kiss to breathe.

"I love you so much."

He grinned, "I love you too. So much. The ring belonged to my mother and I wanted to give it to my mate when I finally proposed to her. I've never had a reason to take out the ring, at least that was till I meet you." The pair spent the rest of the afternoon, in each other's arms before their respective families needed them.