Chapter 7

Katara's POV

I walk behind the Fire Lord and the Prince into the grand palace, my mouth almost drops at the extravagant structure. "It's beautiful." I say, the words slipping from my mouth. Iroh lets a chuckle slip from his lips as he turns back and catches me looking around like a child.

"I have to attend a meeting, you two get acquainted. Prince Zuko will show you to your room." Iroh bows to us then begins to walk off. "But Uncle." Zuko starts. "Goodbye Zuko." He says eyeing him to with a look I can't place before disappearing through a door at the end of the hallway.

I turn to the young prince, taking in his looks for the first time. I take in his scar over his left eye, stretching back to his ear. He is quite handsome, even with the disfigurement. "Don't fool yourself peasant," his voice says, causing me to stop my examination of him. His face reddens and he turns away from me.

"This is just an arrangement. Nothing more. Don't fool yourself hoping to find true love. Last thing I want is to watch you waste your time." I freeze at the sudden out burst of anger Zuko has shot at me. I have no words. I'm awe struck at this.

Here I am, I have left behind my life, my family, the possibility of someday finding true love to remain faithful to a man who refuses to at least respect me as his soon to be wife. I stand in complete and utter shock, staring the boy straight in the eye.

"I have a date to attend to." He says without looking at me any longer. He snaps his fingers and in seconds a servant appears at his side. "Show the Water Tribe girl to her room." He says throwing my bag at the serving who bows and turns to me, a look of pity crossing her face as she looks at me, red from embarrassment.

-

"If it means anything to you, he's been a bit of a, well jerk, to everyone since his mother and father died. Tragic day. His sister is faring well enough but she still has moments of weakness." The maid says as she helps me unload my few things. "Sister?" I ask. I was completely unaware of a sister. But then again, there are a lot if things they don't tell me. "Yes, Princess Azula. You won't see much of her. She's off at a prestigious school for girls, she'll return at the end of her semester." She says as she folds and hangs my new clothes Iroh had had brought for me.

"You've been extremely kind to me. Thank you." I smile as I take her hands in mine. "You're very welcome darling. A girl in a strange land, you need someone to look after you." I smile. "I'll finish up unpacking, thank you again." She curtseys before she exits.

I lay back on the extravagant red bed spread that covers the low leveled bed, big enough to fit 6. They really do make everything extravagant here.

I walk over to where my bag lays on the foot of my bed. I bend down and reach inside, carefully pulling out my brothers beloved weapon. I smile as I look at my reflection in the metal surface. I miss him so much. There's no amount of words that can describe how much I miss home.

I walk over to my nightstand, open the bottom drawer and carefully place the weapon inside the empty drawer. Knowing a part of home is always beside me, I'll be okay.