Chapter 18

Soldiers jumped into action all around us. People running to the cannons. Lighting oil covered boulders to fling at our attackers. "PROTECT THE PRINCESS!" Zuko shouts as he runs off, jumping in to help with his men. Soldiers swarm me, covering me in a human shield from the on coming down pour of jagged rocks being pierced into the skin of the men all around me. Two men fall in front of me, a large spear like rock piercing both of their chests.
"We need to get her below deck!" One of the remaining three around me say.
"No!" I shout over the bustle of soldiers around me. The ones nearest stop what they were doing to look at me, "We just need cover." I say slowly, "get me up higher."

I was led to the secondary watch tower, men guarded around me, sending flames to the sharp rocks aimed at me making them burst into small pebbles that pelt us.

I stretch out my hands, and close my eyes. I feel the water, the waves, the pull, the creatures that swim within it, I feel all of it. I open my eyes and stretch my fingers raising the water into a large wave between our ship and the earthbenders. I feel their rocks enter my wave and I freeze them within my grasp. The men aboard the ship stand in awe around me watching the wave grow underneath my power. Everything feels calm as I gather us all my power within me, and force it forward toward the earth kingdoms ship with an agonized scream breaking free from my mouth, the wave covers them, I watch as it knocks their boat to the side before I collapse to the cold metal floor between the red metal clad soldiers.

My vision swarms. I hear muffled voices and noises as my body comes in and out of focus. My mind hurts, and feels as though my brain is throbbing so much it's about to pop out. I feel people touching me along my bare arms, warm skin running along the length of my biceps. A faraway voice whispers to me, but I can't make out the words the calming voice is saying.

Nothing but dark all around me. My eyes are closed and I can't open them. I'm cold, but warm. My body is covered but I can feel the water all around me. Water.

I snap to realization all at once jumping straight into a sitting position. I'm in my igloo. I'm covered in pelts. I'm home. I slowly inhale the smell of crisp snow and burning wood. The sensations flood my nose and my body as I drag my self out of my bed. A shadowy figure sits in front of the smoking fire, poking at it. I make out the figures signature wolf tail as it slowly turns to me. The shadow stands and collapses into me, filling my body with a sense of warmth a security.

I'm home.