13. What's New Pussycat?

written by dirtyyarn

Riley thought Friday would never arrive. By Wednesday, she is glad her costume requires fake nails because she has reverted to her stress habit of biting them. She wants to knock Harry on his ass with her costume. They eked out a few hours together throughout the remainder of the week. Unfortunately it doesn't feel like enough and the sexual tension is only growing. Riley isn't sure they are ready for a fully horizontal Halloween, but she rather hopes her costume will entice Harry into an overnight that includes other treats.

The Catwoman costume hanging on the back of her bedroom door has been in the works for the better part of two months. As a theater geek, Riley is accustomed to scrounging for the right pieces to create a desired look. Thrift stores, estate sales, second hand charity shops, all routinely throw-up the best materials. However for this year's get-up, Riley sprang for a new item.

In addition to the hand-crafted, furry ears and tail, the vintage, black, patent leather thigh-high boots, and of course, the claw-like nails, Riley has purchased a shiny, one-piece, black spandex and lycra body suit.

Most years she is more about creating something unexpected. This time around she's been craving a boost in confidence so she is going with Cady Heron's take on things; "In Girl World, Halloween is the one day a year when a girl can dress up like a total slut..." Okay, 'total slut' might be an extreme description. Still, Riley is definitely moving out of her comfort zone.

By the time Riley is out of the shower she can clearly make out the reverberations of 'Monster Mash' pounding through the apartment walls. April is getting into the spirit of things. Louis has somehow managed to get Riley's phone number off Harry, and spent the week sending messages reminding her to share the party invite with her roommate. She has no clue what Harry told Louis about April, but whatever it is, it made an impression.

"April, are you almost ready?" Riley has to shout to be heard above the music. "Oh, wow!"

"You like?"

Riley's roomie has been transformed. Spinning around the room as if she's doing some sort of postmodern interpretive Dance of the Seven Veils, April looks every bit the gypsy fortune teller. Her garnet colored headscarf covers most of her tight ringlets, allowing a few to strategically escape. The sheer fabric extends over the lower half of her face, unable to completely mask her grin or hide her oversized, gold hoop earrings. April wears a flowy, black peasant dress, revealing her tawny shoulders and an outer corset, matching the headscarf. The snug fit enhancing her already voluptuous curves. Over everything, is draped a long, gold scarf dotted with tiny gems and coins dripping from the fringed ends.

"April, you look incredible! Absolutely amazing, girl." Riley laughs as her friend executes a final twirl and makes a clumsy curtsey.

"Thanks, doll! And thanks for nabbing these boots from the costume shop; the laced-up look is perf."

"That whole get-up does make a statement, April."

"Ha... call me April no more. I shall be addressed as Princess Nova; seer, palmist, reader of auras." The coins tinkle as she flips her shawl.

"Alright, zip me up, Princess and let's blow. We have a party to get to and I already called for an Uber."

Riley pulls the gentle waves of her hair over a shoulder, presenting her back to April.

"Sweet baby Jesus, woman, are you wearing a single stitch under this body suit?" The zipper grinds up her neck and Riley grins back at her friend.

"Nope. Didn't want to ruin the look with lines."