Meeting his family

"Are you okay darling ? You look so nervous". Tom put his arm around her and looked her in the eyes. It was three days later and his Mother and younger sister were coming to have lunch with them, to meet her.

And she was nervous, what if his family didn't like her ? What if they thought he was getting forced ? Which he kind of was and she was still a little afraid that he wouldn't have done this if her father hadn't threatened him.

But she loved him so much and she just wanted to be with him. "I am just a little nervous about meeting your mother. What if she doesn't like me ?"

"Don't worry love, my mother will absolutely love you". He pulled her into him and kissed her softly, and she forgot everything else.

She really hoped that he was right. It was enough that her own family was troublesome, it would be so nice to have a nice normal family to relate to.

Her father was at a meeting and wouldn't join them, but he would be home for tea later to meet them and she really hoped that he would behave and not scare Tom's family.

The doorbell rang and they went out into the hall, Tony opened the door saying. "Welcome Mr Cumberbatch, Mrs Hiddleston, Miss Hiddleston".

"Thanks Tony and please say Ben". Ben said walking inside. He had picked up Toms mother and sister at the airport.

Tom walked over, smiling happily. "Hi mom, hi Emma. I hope you had a good flight".

"Oh Thomas dearest. Yes, we had and we are so happy to be here". They both hugged him tightly and he smiled happily hugging them back.

Aria thought his mom looked really sweet and his sister looked a lot like Tom, his mother looked at her. "And you must be Aria, ain't you the prettiest little thing I ever saw".

"Oh thank you, it is so wonderful to meet Tom's family Mrs Hiddleston". She said blushing a bit, not sure what to do, but they both came over and hugged her warmly.

"Please call me Diana my dear". His mother said warmly, and Aria nodded happily.

Aria walked over to the doors into the dining room. "Please come this way, lunch will be served shortly".

They all followed her into the room, sitting down on the couches in one corner, they had been  put there to sit and talk on while you waited for the food to be served.

"So brother dear, tell me how you and Aria met each other. Because mom didn't know anything". His sister Emma said.

Tom sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Well you might as well hear it from me first. Ben and I went to see and old convent church one morning and I heard someone sing like an angel. I needed to see her and she looked like an angel too. Luckily for me we ran into her in the evening when she was chaperoning some younger girls, because I couldn't stop thinking about her". Tom said squeezing her hand.

His mother smiled happily and Emma said. "So why were you singing in an convent church ?"

"I was supposed to be a nun, actually I was only a few weeks from taking my vows when I met Tom". She said blushing.

His mother looked a bit shocked and sent Tom a disapproving glance, but smiled at Aria, Emma shrugged. "Sounds like you were about to make a mistake then".

"I most definitely was, luckily Tom showed me before it was to late". She said, looking at him lovingly.

They talked for about twenty minutes, and Aria started to relax. His mother and sister were actually really nice and easy to talk to, just like Tom.

"I will go check on the lunch, excuse me for five minutes". Aria smiled and got up. She didn't really need to check, but she thought Tom might want five minutes alone with his mother and sister.

"Oh Thomas my dear, she is so sweet and so very beautiful. But she was supposed to be a nun, I really hope you behaved yourself". His mother said a bit stern.

Tom blushed, while Ben tried to contain a giggle and Emma said dryly. "Mom he got her pregnant, do you really think he behaved ?"

"Emma ! I hate to ask you my son, but how old is she ? Because she looks really young". His mother was looking at him.

He breathed in deeply, he had known the question would come. "She is young mum, and I know that some people will make a big deal out of it, but she is the love of my life".

"How old is she Thomas ?" His mother was looking sternly at him now, not letting him dodge the question.

He ran a hand through his hair, he really needed his family to accept this, he would take enough hits from the public. "She is 22 mom and she will be 23 soon".

"Poor Luke, this must have him working overtime, but you know what Thomas, if you are sure and you are happy, then I wont judge. I hope you will be forever happy my dear". His mother said.

Emma nodded and Tom smiled. "Thank you mom and I really think we will, I have never felt this way before".